Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about switching out my fox vanilla 32 with a marzchocci 66 fork on my nomad. I notice that the 66ata is adjustible travel from like 130 to 180mm. The coil is just straight up 180mm, Any ideas marzchocci fans?

·
Registered
130 Posts
I've got 2007 66 RC2 ETA, but it was heavy as hell. I changed it into 2006 66 SL, because there was a problem with ATA in 2007 models. My 2006 SL was brillant, best fork I ever had, but it took me a week to adjust it well. I got it over a year without any problems, it was perfect.... but I sold it 2 days ago, because want to try Z1 RC2 ETA. You can adjust the 2006 model too - just by pumping some air, from even 110mm till almost 180mm too. ATA was weird, my friend adjusted it into 140mm, and after a while it was going up /: Sorry for my English. 66 is a brillant fork, but I'd like to try something shorter in Nomad. I adjusted mine to 165mm to be ok :) Cheers.

*66 SL was my first full air shock, most people are afraid of it.. I was a little sceptic too, but it worked fantastic - really like a 66 coil plus it has more adjusters, you can change everything. Perfect. People who say air isn't good are just lazy, it needs time to be adjusted well :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
second on the 66SL ATA... best fork I have ever run as well.. Set-up a little tricky and you might as well toss the manual, it will slow you down more than help you..

Mine is a '07 with the mod's (by marz) to make it right. I have never seen the last 2 inches of travel on that fork, but the first 5 are butter smooth and stupid plush. I jacked up the bottom resist chamber to 20psi to make that happen. I weigh #270, so it is about right and erred toward the high side..

The steer tube is uncut... why do I say that? I am wanting to trade it for a Fox Float 36... why? Crown clearance... I want to set my bullit up as a 650B.... Or what I will call a 650Bullit... the 66 doesn't clear where the FOX does.

Any takers?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
06 66SL cool fork super plush TNC advised me on my set up top guy , I ran mine 160mm on my Heckler and now on my Orange Patriot 66, best upgrade was changing the oil to 5wt, made the fork much more active, super strong track fantastic, but as said take a while to get dialed in, Marzocchi settings are no where near.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
66 rc3 here. marz has had some hiccups since they've moved overseas, but taken care of me pretty well (although I have heard horror stories). it has a hint more break dive then I would prefer, but all in all its a fantastic fork.

edit: which is coil fwiw. the air feels pretty good too, my roomate just go a 55 ata and even without being dialed in the slightest it feels pretty damn good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.