Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Lets RIDE!
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed after my last ride that I had a little play in the front end. It felt like a slightly loose headset, but after tightening it up tonight I've found that the play is actually between the fork's stanchions and lower tubes. What would be causing this...worn bushings or seals? I'm guessing this isn't something that can be adjusted away. That kinda bites, because this is a new '07 fork with about 300 miles on it. Still under warranty I guess, but I'd hate to have to send it away right now...leaving on vacation soon, and planning on riding my ass off while there. Any advice? Thanks.

Jim

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
GOLDGPR said:
.......Which is ?????......
New bushings or new fork, simple as that. But you probably can wait till after vaction to do anything about it. Most likely won't hurt anything as long as the fork isn't clunking. When you get back contact Zocch and see what they have to say about it. If the fork is still under warranty they'll likely have you send it in and replace the bushings.

Good Dirt

·
Registered
3 Posts
Guessing there is nothing that i can do (ie tighten uppers to the lowers) to nip up the bushes??

Am based over in the UK so will have to contact Windwave who is the importer/servicer to get them done. Came on here as you guys seem to have more bikes with the xc600 fork on them than over here in the UK.

G

·
Lets RIDE!
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi All - I should have posted an update on this a while ago, but, well, I've been riding all the time! Except when it's pouring out, which has been a lot in the last month, but then I'm whitewater kayaking :thumbsup:

Anyway...I called and talked to a marz support tech, discussed the situation, and this is what he said: With no weight on the fork (fully extended), if you lock the brakes and move the bike fore & aft, there will always be a slight bit of play. Doing the same thing while pushing the fork down to the recommended 20-25% sag setting (~1" on this fork), you shouldn't feel the play. That's what I found with my fork, so I've just been riding my a$$ off and having a great time.

I also asked him about the low oil rumors and whether I should be worried about that, and he said it wouldn't hurt to check the level, but if it was working well then there probably was nothing to worry about. I just bought a jug of Marz fork fluid from Jenson, and I'll open the fork up and check the oil someday when I'm not riding or paddling. But I hope that's not any day soon!

Jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.