Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just installed a new XC 700 fork on my bike and it sags all the way down to the last inch of travel just with me sitting on it.
I called their customer service and was told it probably needed air in the left side whic should be a normal schrader valve. Well it's not a normal s/v it has threads on the inside instead of the outside and is too big to fit a normal s/v over.
So I took it to a local bike shop and they could not find any adapters or pumps to fit it.
Do I really need the Marz specific fork pump? And why did I buy a coil spring/oil fork that requires air pressure/pump and nobody mention it on their website?
I figured the thing would work from the get go. Unfortunately it is the second one I recieved as the fist had leaked all it oil out in the box before I opened it. :madman: I guess I should have gone with the Recon or Tora

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I ordered one of those but it looks to me like that is only going to work on the left side of the fork. The left side has a small schrader recessed quite far but the right side leg is a bit bigger. each side looks to be a different size so I doubt the same adapter will work on both.
But I ordered a Marz pump anyway so we will see.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,
I have bought this air pump today in order to put the right air pressure in my marzocchi corsa sl wc. The boy’s at the store said to me that the fork needs very big air pressure to work properly, and only with this special pump can be done.
My problem is that I read the manual but I can’t understand which air valve is the SFA and which is the PAR and how many air pressure I must put. If anyone knows pls tell me. I am 75 kg

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.