Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, still trying to get full travel from my (brand new) 06 MARZ MX Pro ETA + TAS. Drained a little oil from the right leg, that got an extra 1/4". Lookin for about another 1/4" and want to tear into the the left leg. Pulled the ETA lockount knob off, and there is some type of inverted tool needed to pull that out of the leg. Also, what should I expect? This side has the spring in it. Will the top cap just have a little tension from the spring, and thats all, or is there something I should worry about. Or, should I not even waste my time taking that side apart. I am still leaving just over 1" of travel at the top. I would like to get that down to about 1/2" or 3/4". Just looking for some help, before this fork starts to find its way on some other bike. Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, its for the top cap. It looks kind of like the tool that takes off a cassette ( I think ). Normally a 21mm or a 23mm socket can take off the top cap (and it does take off the top cap on the right leg). But this left leg is different.

Also, how much oil should I leave in that leg? Will it help to dran it? There shouldn't be very much in it, right?

Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, so I used the cassette tool (had to tap it in with a hammer) to get the left side out. Drained a little oil, and voila, getting my travel now. I actually think I drained a touch too much, but I'll test that on the trails. I am getting all travel except for 1/2" left in reserve. Sooo, for future readers, the oil level in the left leg (coil spring) needed to be drained a little (very little) from the factory for me to get full travel. Thanks for your help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.