Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought an '07 MX Pro and was suprised to find there were no v-brake mounts included. Marz has always included them in my past experience. I contacted the shop where I bought it and they were surprised to hear that the mounts weren't included. They also checked on availability of aftermarket brake studs and looks like there are none out there.

Does anyone know - are the v-brake mounts still typically included (this is an 85mm MX Pro). If not, any info as to when Marz may have some available?

Thanks.

·
Registered
59 Posts
v-brake bosses

I just bought a set of these. So far so good, now if I could just keep sticks from tearing my lovely XT rear derailleur to shreds and destroying my chain...but I digress.

Here's what was on the Jenson USA site regarding v-brake bosses for an MX-Pro:

'07 Marzocchi XC forks are drilled for V-brake use, but do not include the actual hardware. If you plan to use V-brakes, get suitable hardware here. You need 2 sleeves and 2 studs for a complete set.

Here's the link for the bosses:

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/product/FK310Z00.aspx

It looks like they're currently unavailable. Bummer. It might be worth a call to see when they'll be available.

I ignored all of the above because I went with disc brakes.

lj

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
You will need TWO parts for....

the conversion, not just the brake boss adapter that stderr's link shows. You'll need the brake boss adapter, part number 5321114>A, 2ea, and the brake boss, part number 5321115QF>A, 2ea. The adapter slides over the boss and the boss is then threaded into the lowers. Both parts are pictured below. The left image is the adaptor, the right is the boss.

Good Dirt

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts