Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
bon vivant
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody got one of these? I'm assuming it's an SL model from 2002.
I haven't had a sussfork in +-10 years, and I'm a bit daunted. The Supercal that's coming has one. I looked up what passes for an online manual, but I didn't get much out of that.

What sort or maintenance and setup am I looking at?

·
contains quinine
4,639 Posts
You'll need a suspension pump, and a Narz adapter.If I remember that picture you posted, you're getting manuals, they'll have setup specs.

·
Registered
410 Posts
truman said:
Anybody got one of these? I'm assuming it's an SL model from 2002.
I haven't had a sussfork in +-10 years, and I'm a bit daunted. The Supercal that's coming has one. I looked up what passes for an online manual, but I didn't get much out of that.

What sort or maintenance and setup am I looking at?
For setup, you may have to adjust the oil level. Mine had too much oil and wouldn't get full travel. Someone on this board advised me to lower the damper side oil level to 65mm below the crown (fork compressed) - an easy operation with a 21mm socket, a syringe and a straw.
This will help you open it:
http://www.enduroforkseals.com/id27.html

Now that it has full travel it works fine, but not as good as one of my old 100mm 26" forks. It's nice to have for drops and long choppy downhills, but when I swap it for a KM fork I don't miss it that much.

·
bon vivant
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, thanks for the link - that's the sort of information I've been looking for.
Friend of mine's gonna give me a pump, so all I'll need is the adapter.

C'mon, Brown Santa...

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
it needs to be a low pressure pump. not like the standard pump everyone uses.

truman said:
Hey, thanks for the link - that's the sort of information I've been looking for.
Friend of mine's gonna give me a pump, so all I'll need is the adapter.

C'mon, Brown Santa...

·
bon vivant
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My Marz air-oil shock collapsed yesterday. Even with air in all the chambers, it won't come back up. The fork has an Extension Control Cartridge (ECC) that holds in locked in the compressed position for climbing, and this is like the ECC valve is not releasing when it's supposed to. Now I can't extend the fork legs, even if I hold the front wheel down and pull up as hard as I can.

It happened mid ride, over a fairly short time frame. It seemed to be functioning normally up to that point.

Any of you guys know about these things? I'm taking three days off this week to do a bunch of riding, and I'd hate for my new bike to be laid up, the whole time..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.