Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of changing over to a '05 Jr T with 170mm on a Bighit comp w/ 24" rear tire. Currently has a '03 Dirt Jump II 130mm. I'm looking to save some weight and get a fork more oriented towards my riding; chairlift DH/ and freeride. I'm only taking 4-5' drops now but my jeuvos are growing. I'm open to other forks as well, or even keeping the DJ II, but found a closeout deal on the Jr T's for $330, so I would want to stay in this price range.

Is the Jr T a good match for the bike, and type of riding? And would that be too tall of a fork withteh 24" rear? Thanks

·
Old No. 7
1,453 Posts
MattyBoyR6 said:
I'm thinking of changing over to a '05 Jr T with 170mm on a Bighit comp w/ 24" rear tire. Currently has a '03 Dirt Jump II 130mm. I'm looking to save some weight and get a fork more oriented towards my riding; chairlift DH/ and freeride. I'm only taking 4-5' drops now but my jeuvos are growing. I'm open to other forks as well, or even keeping the DJ II, but found a closeout deal on the Jr T's for $330, so I would want to stay in this price range.

Is the Jr T a good match for the bike, and type of riding? And would that be too tall of a fork withteh 24" rear? Thanks
My buddy rids a Jr. T on his Bighit and absolutly hates it, he's on vacation here in SD from Germany so he picked up an old Bighit for cheap and almost bought a 66SL for $600 he hated it soooo much, and this is only a temp. bike for him.
I have to note he rides a 888RC2X back home so it's a huge diff. for him, I'm sure comming off a DJII you will be fine, I'd look for a used 888RC though.

G

·
If you are satisfied with the DJ2, you will love the JRT...
Dont listen to everyone that is saying spend all this money, hell if you dont like the way it feels as is, you can get a cartridge upgrade..... They are about $100-$150

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HaroX2 I was looking at that Sherman Slider too, but had heard more good things about the Marz.

Will after devolving the SPV checkvalve would you say the fork would ride better than the Jr t? Comparable to some other fork.

Jake I read you are on your 2nd season on the JRt. How has it held up? ANy mods needed to be done or done at all.

BTW I am 180 lbs

G

·
MattyBoyR6 said:
Jake I read you are on your 2nd season on the JRt. How has it held up? ANy mods needed to be done or done at all.

BTW I am 180 lbs
I have not done any mods.., and I am also 180lbs, all I did was add oil this time around, but I am not sure yet how it is for bottom resistance, becuase I am not riding right now (hub), and buying a V10
However, I was unlucky. My original lowers were defective and broke near the Disc mount tabs, but this did not matter, becuase Marzocchi hooked me up with New 2004 Lowers (more tire clearance) Free of charge! and they repaired it that day, and threw in a new set of seals and bushings too.... wow..
as for the damping, chances are if you have not spent serious time on a nice fork with HSCV, you wont even know what "spiking" is, or if your current fork is junky, the Junior T will feel like heaven. The only problem with it is during DH anyway...

Junior T's are great, strong, reliable, stiff, acceptable wieght, easy to change Oil, Great customer service, and great for the price. Plus, you can upgrade it to HSCV if you really want to have smooth damping. Mine was a 2003, now its more like 2003.5? lol...
If you are looking into a decent DC fork, (on a budget) the junior T is probly the best at the price... But if you can afford a fork with HSCV, like a 66/super T, or equivalent, do it..
Hope this helps... I can go into more technical detail if need be, just ask your question I can answer at my best.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.