Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
mtnjam
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So why is it that Marz requires a special air adaptor for their forks? Why can't they just use a regular schrader valve like most of the other manufactuers? I'm looking for one of these, most of the bike shops don't seem to have one and all the online shops are out of stock on these items....anybody have one they can send me for some beer $?
thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
I think it's because the normal Schrader is too wide to fit two under one cap, especially since they would be MALES so they need even more room around them.

Furthermore, generally speaking, there is a tendency to lose some air from the fork when detaching a Schrader - esp if your pump does not have a fancy connector or if it's o-ring is a bit gone, and you would not notice whether it is the air in the pipe or the fork that is blowing off. It's OK to lose some air in an automobile tyre, but the slightest hiss from a fork means you have probably lost half your pressure.

With the Marz adaptor, the fork valve closes before there is an opening to the atmosphere so all that is vented is the air in the pump pipe.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Don't expect to get it unless the place you order it from actually has it in stock. A lot of sites list parts that they don't have, expecting they can get them quickly from their distributor. Since this specific part no longer shows as available on the Marz site, they may not be making them any more.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I am in the same boat man. I spent a couple hours looking for one on the inter-web and all the shops I looked at were sold out/back ordered. Even worse is I am in the military and stationed in Belgium where everyone speaks French. So I have been going into shops with my bike and just pointing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.