Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Uphill? What's that
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have given up on Rockshox and i am leaning towards getting a new 888. Has anyone put a good number of hours on one of these forks. looking for input on how they hold up over time and if anyone over 215 lb.s has had any experience with these.

·
AKA shitbird
2,342 Posts
I have over a year of riding on a 2010 evo ti. Hundreds rough miles on it and not a single problem. Just changed the oil. Still on the original seals, not a drop of oil has leaked out so far

·
Professional Troll
2,752 Posts
Rob-Bob said:
If i get the ti version would i have to pay for an additional spring or will they swap it out at no extra cost.
Yes probably. The only real problem I have with zoke is their ABSOLUTELY RETARDED approach to springs in their forks. They don't make stiff enough springs for some forks and rely on air preload garbage, and they usually won't let you swap out. So your $1600 Ti 888 just became and $1800 fork if you weigh over 180 pounds, wtf.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Rob-Bob said:
If i get the ti version would i have to pay for an additional spring or will they swap it out at no extra cost.
You would have to buy the extra spring. If you go with the Ti, check into if the spring you want is available in Ti. I was told that the Ti and steel springs were not interchangable because of the tapered tubes on the EVO.

·
Registered
427 Posts
eabos said:
I have over a year of riding on a 2010 evo ti. Hundreds rough miles on it and not a single problem. Just changed the oil. Still on the original seals, not a drop of oil has leaked out so far
this.

i dont have a full season on my evo TI, i got it used though, and it was abused for a race season, changed the oil.

its silky smooth ;)

·
Uphill? What's that
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
eabos said:
Thanks for the input guys. After doing some more research and talking to the guys at Marzocchi I have decided to go with the 888's. I just have to decide if the extra cost of the ti model will be worth it to me. I have one last question. what am i going to do with all the extra time i wont have to waste on changing seals.

·
Registered
543 Posts
If the 888 is anything like my 66 (which it should be if it has the rc3 cartridge) than I would put on my bike in a heartbeat. Oh, and I dont think you will need a new spring. You can just add air in combination with a bit of coil preload to get it set up at your weight. I know this for a fact because you cant get stiffer or softer springs for the non ti versions (I already asked them). The fork is designed to be capable to be set up for a wide variety of rider weights.

·
Uphill? What's that
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I think the 66 is different from the 888. I don't believe you can add air to the new 888. When I talked to marzocchi he did say they carried different springs for the 888. But I am glad to hear you have had good luck with the 66. Sounds like marzocchi has got their act together after having a couple of rough years.

·
Professional Troll
2,752 Posts
Norcoshore1 said:
If the 888 is anything like my 66 (which it should be if it has the rc3 cartridge) than I would put on my bike in a heartbeat. I know this for a fact because you cant get stiffer or softer springs for the non ti versions (I already asked them).
They make 1 softer spring a 2 stiffer springs for the steel version. I know this for a fact because I'm looking at their part numbers.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.