Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new fork and am considering the 2006 Marz. 66SL and the 2006 Manitou Travis Single Intrinsic. I currently have a 2005 66RC and absolutely love it. However, I'm in the process of getting a new frame and the 66RC is too tall. I've read great things about the 66SL and I'm sure this fork would be great but for some reason I want to try the Travis as well. Does anyone have any opinions on these two forks?

Thanks

·
Registered
47 Posts
I would not go with the travis. two of my friends have/had them, and both had a lot trouble with them. I'm not sure if the 150 has intrinsic or SPV. Apparently the 06 Intrinsic cartriges had some problems-they explode.

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
The entire 66 line is now shorter.

The 06 cartridges did have a few glitches. Once you get them working well, they're very sweet forks.

I don't think that there's a SPV Travis. Only Intrisnic and TPC+.

·
Registered
598 Posts
i just got an 06/07 travis. i ep'ed it from manitou about a month ago. apparently they have replaced the cartridges and the problem has been solved. mine is working very well so far. make sure you have the new cartridges in the one you are considering...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.