Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Pivotal figure
6,361 Posts
Having the same issue with my 55R. I pulled out the left side cartridge and checked the travel-got the full stroke. With the cartridge in it's back to maybe 4" again. The cartridge isn't user serviceable (gas charged) so I'll have to send it in. BTW, looking at the internals it's now made by SRSuntour. I knew they were moving manufacturing but didn't know who was making the parts...

·
I dig trails!
5,611 Posts
B.A.D. said:
My sons 55 just broke after 2 weeks of use. The fork only compresses approx 4" of its total. Anybody else have this problem? Its an oem fork.
Too much oil is in the damping cartridge, you are getting hydraulic lock.

Damping cartridge is openable. Call Marzo for instructions or search for posts in the shocks forum for instruction.

P

·
Registered
706 Posts
kenbentit said:
Having the same issue with my 55R. I pulled out the left side cartridge and checked the travel-got the full stroke. With the cartridge in it's back to maybe 4" again. The cartridge isn't user serviceable (gas charged) so I'll have to send it in. BTW, looking at the internals it's now made by SRSuntour. I knew they were moving manufacturing but didn't know who was making the parts...
Ummm. It's not pressurized. If you think it is you're probably right that you shouldn't be working on it. SRsuntour has made suspension parts for several companies for years now. Among these companies are Fox, RS, Manitou, and now Marzocchi. They make most of Fox's internals.

·
Pivotal figure
6,361 Posts
Ummm, Mr Blonde is wrong

I learned to read many years ago....Maybe you're thinking of a different set of internals than the 55R (which is what I have, not the ETA)

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.