Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm torn on which of these to pick up. The Marz 08, and the Fox is 07. My LBS says I might like the lyrick. The fork is going on my enduro elite and I need it to climb as well. Looking for plushness and adjustability. Thx for any responses for the suspension guru's cause I'm lost hehe.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
mjsca07 said:
I'm torn on which of these to pick up. The Marz 08, and the Fox is 07. My LBS says I might like the lyrick. The fork is going on my enduro elite and I need it to climb as well. Looking for plushness and adjustability. Thx for any responses for the suspension guru's cause I'm lost hehe.
If going coil and want some good dampening with tons of adjustability at a realistic price, go with the 55 ETA. I have been on mine for over a few months now, ridden hard with no probs on my 06' Turner RFX. The Lyric is suppose to be pretty good, but I hate the U-turn on those things cause you can't do it on the fly, you have to get off of your bike and twist, twist,twist, and the VAN has no adjustment of travel or ETA type lockdown to reduce travel and steepen the front end on steep climbs.

Some people aren't a big fan of the ETA, but I use it constantly on long and intermittent climbs and it is easy to use when riding on the fly. Couldn't imagine my bike without it, especially for AM applications. I scored my 55 ETA shipped for $600 from cycletofitness.com in MI, they were super cool to work with, but it is always nice to support the LBS too.

That's my 2 cents.

JG

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
jgusta said:
If going coil and want some good dampening with tons of adjustability at a realistic price, go with the 55 ETA. I have been on mine for over a few months now, ridden hard with no probs on my 06' Turner RFX. The Lyric is suppose to be pretty good, but I hate the U-turn on those things cause you can't do it on the fly, you have to get off of your bike and twist, twist,twist, and the VAN has no adjustment of travel or ETA type lockdown to reduce travel and steepen the front end on steep climbs.

Some people aren't a big fan of the ETA, but I use it constantly on long and intermittent climbs and it is easy to use when riding on the fly. Couldn't imagine my bike without it, especially for AM applications. I scored my 55 ETA shipped for $600 from cycletofitness.com in MI, they were super cool to work with, but it is always nice to support the LBS too.

That's my 2 cents.

JG
Thx for the feedback. I checked out that website and it looks like they're not offering the ETA. They have the TST2, but I've heard it's sub par compared with the ETA.

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
mjsca07 said:
Thx for the feedback. I checked out that website and it looks like they're not offering the ETA. They have the TST2, but I've heard it's sub par compared with the ETA.
Got my Lyrik for $450 shipped. I like it mostly but check out the other threads that I have posted to and started recently.

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
mjsca07 said:
Yeah, I just called them when I ordered mine to see if they might have in stock when the fork was first available to shops in the fall, it wasn't on their website when I looked as well before placing the order.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I´d get the FOX :D

Super plush, light and super stiff. Very reliable.
The very long wheelbase of the Enduro makes the travel adjust almost obsolete.
I am on an SX Trail with a Talas RC2. And if I am honest, I wouldn´t need the travel adjust, even steep climbs are good in the 160mm setting.

My Heckler, which I had before was a different story. the Hecklers front end was all over the place on climbs, travel adjust was a MUST. But it was size M, a bit small and had a short wheelbase.
The SX Trail is a large, really long. Climbs steady and stable.

Greetings Znarf

1 - 10 of 10 Posts