Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

A couple of weeks ago I came across a blog of some sort with detailed pictures and instructions on how to install the 20mm spacer to reduce travel from 170mm - 150mm. Now I can't find it for the life of me.

To make it worse, i haven't been able to find any useful information online as to how to disassemble the fork. I don't have much experience with forks, but i've turned a wrench or two before--I just like to know what i'm getting into before i dig in.

can anyone of you offer some detailed info? Based off of the dozen or so sources i've come across i THINK i have a pretty good idea, but i don't want to fudge up this new fork.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,571 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This thread may give you some info - http://forums.mtbr.com/shocks-suspension/2013-marzocchi-55-cr-workshop-manual-855186.html

Nice fork! I'm getting mine delivered tomorrow, luckily I was able to order it pre set to 150mm. I have serviced my previous fork, but wasn't too keen to try messing around with a brand new fork, just in case I managed to do something wrong (which is always an option with me!).
This is one of the many threads i've read through, but thanks for posting.

If you aren't able to get it done with that link, PM me and I'll walk you through it.
I'm going to tackle it today, the only thing that is slightly foggy for me is if i just drop the lowers, remove the air side, install the spacer, will i still have to bleed the DBS damper? and will this then require removing top caps?

I'm still going to move forward with the install of the spacer today, but if you could clear that up for me i'd appreciate it. I'm hoping I don't have to mess with the top caps and bleed DBS.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
I completed the install of spacer with no major hitches. It was almost too easy. I didn't have to bleed the DBS unit.
What were the tools required to dis-assemble the fork? Would like to service mine myself when the time comes. I did my Rev's service with no issues, so I have got some experience in stripping down forks. The only issue is the lack of documentation on the net.

Also, got mine today. All I can say is "wow" they look amazing.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Hopefully you won't be disappointed in how they ride as well.

From memory same as Rev allen key and circlip pliers.

Some tuning tips.
I run about same air pressure as my dry weight approx 72-75 kg and 75 to 80 psi and 1 click of compression for trail use.
use no comp for just doodling plush feel but fork dives. add 2 clicks if your getting serious racing your mates. Feels firm but blows through when you hit anything sharp. As always as little rebound as possible. start at the middle.

At 75 psi and no comp I can use all the travel on a big hit. add 1 click comp and I use less travel . So like most forks LSC does have an affect on HSC.

You won't get thenm to ride plush on forest roads. just their nature . i think they use a light negative spring. but as soon as you get on the trail they smooth out. With more LSc the faster you go threy smooth out. have to get up on ther plane. 2 clicks LSC kind of feels like a FOX ctd adjust on trail 1 or 2.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What were the tools required to dis-assemble the fork? Would like to service mine myself when the time comes. I did my Rev's service with no issues, so I have got some experience in stripping down forks. The only issue is the lack of documentation on the net.

Also, got mine today. All I can say is "wow" they look amazing.
No special tools required. A bike repair stand came in handy, but certainly not required.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hopefully you won't be disappointed in how they ride as well.

From memory same as Rev allen key and circlip pliers.

Some tuning tips.
I run about same air pressure as my dry weight approx 72-75 kg and 75 to 80 psi and 1 click of compression for trail use.
use no comp for just doodling plush feel but fork dives. add 2 clicks if your getting serious racing your mates. Feels firm but blows through when you hit anything sharp. As always as little rebound as possible. start at the middle.

At 75 psi and no comp I can use all the travel on a big hit. add 1 click comp and I use less travel . So like most forks LSC does have an affect on HSC.

You won't get thenm to ride plush on forest roads. just their nature . i think they use a light negative spring. but as soon as you get on the trail they smooth out. With more LSc the faster you go threy smooth out. have to get up on ther plane. 2 clicks LSC kind of feels like a FOX ctd adjust on trail 1 or 2.
I'm sure i'll enjoy them. Thanks for the tuning tips!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts