Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ridden up to Mary's Peak lately? I was wondering how the trail conditions are and what the best route is for loop from Woods Creek? Any Ideas about how long the loop should take?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Conditions should be good, but don't know about blowdown. The path I like to take is to head up the logging road from Woods Creek parking lot, climb East Ridge to the top, then descend North Ridge/Woods Creek back. That should be less than a 2 hour ride depending on your climbing legs.

If you want longer, turn right on the Tie Trail at the junction of North Ridge/Woods Creek/Tie Trail back to East Ridge, climb up again and then down north Ridge into Woods Creek. I like the flow of the Tie Trail from that direction.

·
Good, green, Oregon.
793 Posts
Here was a ride report on Facebook, from a local rider who had riden the trails up there on 5/21/12:

Mary's Peak Status Report - I climbed the North Rim Trail. Trail was in perfect condition……except for all of the downed trees. Only snow was a solitary drift blocking the last 20 yards of trail as it climbs into the upper lot. There are probably 50 trees down on North Ridge trail, many of them 3-4+ ft diameter. Many of them are down in groups or on close spacing, so I counted a total of 15 mandatory portages in each direction. I didn’t see any evidence that clearing the trail has started, but I did notice someone had cut a few footholds in some of the larger trees to aid in climbing over them.

Still, even with all of the on/off and hoisting the bike under, through and around all the trees, it’s still a fun trail. I was able to get through/over the portages fairly quickly on the way back down riding solo, but I wouldn’t recommend attempting it as a larger group until the Forest Service gets it cleared.
LikeUnlike · ·Follow PostUnfollow Post · May 22 at 5:28am

I hope that helps! Have fun! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
966 Posts
Here was a ride report on Facebook, from a local rider who had riden the trails up there on 5/21/12:
Too funny. I was just about to reply to this thread when I noticed your post. That's my ride report, typed with my own two thumbs on my phone, and sent to a couple people over email. Somebody put it on Facebook and now it's all the way back round to MTBR. :thumbsup:

I didn't ride Tie or East Ridge, so I don't know what the conditions there are. Certainly no snow issues at this point, but who knows about the tree situation.

·
Good, green, Oregon.
793 Posts
Hey twd953, I hope you don't mind that I copied that off FB to post here! I did delete your name though from the body of the paragraph, as I didn't want to be a part of any id theft or anything like that! I just thought it was a great report, that would help these guys out a lot! Thanks!

·
Registered
966 Posts
Hey twd953, I hope you don't mind that I copied that off FB to post here! I did delete your name though from the body of the paragraph, as I didn't want to be a part of any id theft or anything like that! I just thought it was a great report, that would help these guys out a lot! Thanks!
Hey no worries....it wasn't copied off of my FB page! Heck, I only check my FB page like twice a year.

Maybe I've finally found a worthwhile use for FB....posting trail reports! I can feel their stock going back up already!

·
Good, green, Oregon.
793 Posts
Cool, well I will say that I got it from the "Corvallis and area mountain biking group", as I recently became a member of that group. I just want to know I am not some local MTB stalker or something like that. Just a lowly insurance agent in town. :) I too am not on FB hardly at all any more, but for that page, I'll be on more to see what is going on locally.

Can I buy some of that ride report stock that may be on the rise?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts