Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A small group of us from PGH went down to Deep Creek State Park cause we heard it was good. Oh my is it good! What a nice trail system!

How come no chatter? Trying to keep it a secret or what? Whoever designed and built the trails should be highly commended what a great job. That goes for anybody that participated in any way, shape or form.

Its like Jakes Rocks on steroids! We'll be back and ya can't keep something like this a secret much longer...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Anyone have any scouting reports on the Union Mills trails (near Manchester MD north of Westminster)? Seems like quite a network of trails, but no real feedback on Trailforks. On Alltrails, there are alot of negative hiking reports (poorly marked trails, creek crosssings etc). Just see it on the map (reasonable distance from my home) and wondering if its worth checking out.

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
A small group of us from PGH went down to Deep Creek State Park cause we heard it was good. Oh my is it good! What a nice trail system!

How come no chatter? Trying to keep it a secret or what? Whoever designed and built the trails should be highly commended what a great job. That goes for anybody that participated in any way, shape or form.

Its like Jakes Rocks on steroids! We'll be back and ya can't keep something like this a secret much longer...
I've heard great things. But I live 15min from the Frederick Watershed. 2+ hour ride to Deep Creek hasn't been something I've planed. But I'll drive 8hrs to Pisgah. What would you compare it to?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone have any scouting reports on the Union Mills trails (near Manchester MD north of Westminster)? Seems like quite a network of trails, but no real feedback on Trailforks. On Alltrails, there are alot of negative hiking reports (poorly marked trails, creek crosssings etc). Just see it on the map (reasonable distance from my home) and wondering if its worth checking out.
There's some great riding there if you know where it is, but none of the maps the for area are any good.

·
Registered
26 Posts
There's some great riding there if you know where it is, but none of the maps the for area are any good.
Thanks, I’ll go check out Union Mills and report back. Might be a few weeks/a while, lots of sloppy weather upon us in MD and I don’t have great snow/ice tires so need to waiting it out for a while.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've heard great things. But I live 15min from the Frederick Watershed. 2+ hour ride to Deep Creek hasn't been something I've planed. But I'll drive 8hrs to Pisgah. What would you compare it to?
Cool I’m very close to Frederick Watershed as well. In fact, I grew up as a child in Mountaindale so those mountains were sort of my backyard playground with a lot of the other neighborhood kids (but this was pre-mountain biking era...mostly riding out Huffy’s up the gravel road for rock climbing, and swimming in the limestone clear lake up top in the summer with friends). Crazy looking back and now finding out that it’s a sort of mountain biking Mecca for the region.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts