Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am 14 (15 in September) and am looking to do some racing. Either cross country or downhill, as I have a bike for each of those purposes. I heard about racing at Wakefield later this August, but have not been able to find any further information on that. This will be my first time racing but I have unknowingly trained for it by doing 10 hour Bethesda urban rides with my friends 3 or 4 days a week while riding my 40Ib freeride rig. I will be racing either an 04 Enduro Expert or an SC Bullit, so if you see me come and say hello.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
urayamu said:
you ride on the crescent trail?
I use the crescent trail to get to downtown Bethesda, so I'm on there very often. I ride from Macarthur to Barnes and Noble.

·
Registered
79 Posts
i might run into you one day, i ride home from work every wed. from georgetown to aspen hill rd. and i always take a break in fron of barnes and noble. i got a cdale jekyll 800
(white)

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
urayamu said:
i might run into you one day, i ride home from work every wed. from georgetown to aspen hill rd. and i always take a break in fron of barnes and noble. i got a cdale jekyll 800
(white)
around what time are you there? I often stop by the Clayboys guy for a shave ice throughout the day.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'll probably see you sometime then, as i always stay out late in Bethesda. If you see a Bullit with a Sherman Slider, that's me.

·
Registered
79 Posts
speaking of dh bikes..i saw one kid riding a kona dh bike that looks insane along wisconsin ave in the friendship heights area...why don't you and your buddies join us? we normally ride mon. and thurs. @ schaeffer farms, meetup @ the trailhead is 6:30pm and we ride out arnd 7pm.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i will probably come tomorrow night, with my Enduro since the Bullit sucks for Schaeffer. Can you email your # to my email address ([email protected]) so I can make sure the ride is still on?

·
bonkin' clyde
831 Posts
thats tight dude

urayamu said:
speaking of dh bikes..i saw one kid riding a kona dh bike that looks insane along wisconsin ave in the friendship heights area...why don't you and your buddies join us? we normally ride mon. and thurs. @ schaeffer farms, meetup @ the trailhead is 6:30pm and we ride out arnd 7pm.
I'm glad you guys meet on thursdays coz I'm taking it easy on Tuesdays and Thursdays at UMBC, so unless i have an exam or so on Fridays, I could join you all on my beater Giant Rincon with the (hopefully soon) Fox fork...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts