Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Mary (the SS one) for a couple of weeks now and am really enjoying it - but I have managed to bust my freewheel / freehub - the rear cog just spins freely in either direction.

The hub is branded Pivit (which I think is the Haro homebrand?), I've not gotten hold of the lockring tool to remove sprocket yet but I can see how that fits together. But I have no idea how the freewheel/freehub bit is going to work? Is it attached to the sprocket BMX style? Or should I just take it to bits and see what happens :)

Any help much appreciated

Cheers,

Mike

·
All day long
174 Posts
No freewheel (BMX style) its a freehub. Removing the lock ring will only allow you to remove the cog. To get in to the ratchet mechanism of the freehub you need to remove the axle...it comes apart quite easily.

·
All day long
174 Posts
I've only had my hub apart a couple of times to make sure it was clean inside and lubed properly so I cannot say for sure what (if any) parts are interchangeable with what the LBS may have on hand.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.