Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to try a set of Mary Bars...I think the position will offer me less tension on my hands,etc (I am 55, need all the relief I can get). My current setup is perfect...3/4" riser on 100m stem. Would I need to change stems, or does the geometry of the bar match most risers? I would hate to lay out more cash for a questionable situation.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Because the bar goes forward before it angles back, the hands end up in nearly the same place, just angled differently. I use the same stem that I used with a riser bar and it worked good for me. They aren't going to take any weight off your hands, but they will may you to angle them to a more natural angle for your wrists.

I put them on my cargo bike and liked them so much I put them on my new 29er, too.

·
conjoinicorned
3,525 Posts
ahhh, the marys. i ride marys on all my bikes except my DH bike, and i'd ride them on that but i don't think they're quite strong enough for the big stuff.

i can't say enough about the bars, i'm sure they're not for everyone but they sure help me not only with hand pressure but i also find them better riding in most situations. you do not need to change your current setup, the centre of your grips will end up in the same place as they are with the riser. however, the rise is close to 1.5" i believe, so that may/may not pose an issue with your low rise setup.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.