Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello there. Were you thinking about coming down to Decorah this Sunday? I was in the bike shop, bleeding my rear brake when they got a call about some people thinking about coming down this Sunday. The shop mechanic said the guy on the phone was from Viroqua. He had already hung up, so I couldn't see if it was you.

·
Witty McWitterson
5,023 Posts
Hey ya! Twasn't me that called, but there are plans afoot for Sunday to maybe head down to the dubuque area for some riding. We're hoping there's less snow down there than up here. What's the riding like in Dubuque? I haven't had the chance to ride there at all. Would the trip be worth it? Or are we better off to head over to Yellow River?

1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
~martini~ said:
Hey ya! Twasn't me that called, but there are plans afoot for Sunday to maybe head down to the dubuque area for some riding. We're hoping there's less snow down there than up here. What's the riding like in Dubuque? I haven't had the chance to ride there at all. Would the trip be worth it? Or are we better off to head over to Yellow River?
FDR in Dubuque is good, but it doesn't get ridden much and would most likely be virgin track this time of year. If people have been riding it, I would give it 2 thumbs up. We had been riding the trails here in Decorah up until these great temps, so they are ridden in some. I am going to try and get out on Friday as the temps are going to warm up a bit, so I can give a report. Yellow River is quite vast but will also be unridden trails, but if you decide to go I would probably swing over and meet up with you. For overall ridability, I would have to go with the trails in Decorah, as they are often used by hikers, bikers and skiers and should be somewhat packed.

Let me know what you guys decide.

·
Registered
995 Posts
~martini~ said:
Thanks man, I'll be sure to let you know. I'll probably head to the shop here soon to see what the scoop is.
Hey Martini, by the way man, do you still need those m900 cranks I sniped ya on? They finally arrived. If you don't, no sweat, I'll probably relist em.

...you mean to tell me I moved from Wisonsin to Colorado, and you're going for a ride, and I'm buried under snow? WTF? Ach!

1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I went for a ride at noon and the trails are well packed from hikers, but difficult to ride. I had too work pretty damn hard to keep my momentum. With that being said, if we get a little warmer day with some sunshine, I think they will firm up really well. They are just a little too fluffy right now, even with the hikers packing them in.

·
Witty McWitterson
5,023 Posts
I talked w/Pete today, and he's pretty set on heading down to FDR/Dubuque. From what I've read, it sounds like a good place to hit up. We're just not sure what snow pack will be like.

OT here, what tires are you using for snow? I've been thinking of Exi's, but also have some ACX's that may work well.

1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
~martini~ said:
I talked w/Pete today, and he's pretty set on heading down to FDR/Dubuque. From what I've read, it sounds like a good place to hit up. We're just not sure what snow pack will be like.

OT here, what tires are you using for snow? I've been thinking of Exi's, but also have some ACX's that may work well.
I was using an exi on the front and it was horrible. It washed out all the time. I really don't know if any tire would work well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts