Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
flowtron said:
I walked the dogs in Lair on Saturday. I'd dare say its unrideable yet . Lots of snow, ice and mud. GM, DR and most of RR/MW are good, save north side of the slide and village trail.
Take the walking village trail down to avoid the mud on the bike village trail at Matthew Winters. Be sure to stop for hikers.

·
not actually bad :)
1,768 Posts
nitecrwlr said:
Take the walking village trail down to avoid the mud on the bike village trail at Matthew Winters.
This is the 2nd time I've seen you say this.
It is bad advice, and I hope you don't do it, and no one else does either.
If you mean to walk your bike down that section, I suppose that may be OK.
But please DO NOT ride down it!

:)

·
Pivot Rider
1,088 Posts
nitecrwlr said:
Take the walking village trail down to avoid the mud on the bike village trail at Matthew Winters. Be sure to stop for hikers.
Listen to Bad Andy on this, nitecrwlr. We work hard to earn our mtb respect around here and if folks listen to you, all we've worked for could be put in jeopardy. If you have any questions about trail etiquette and trails in Jeffco, please contact COMBA or post a question for answers! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
298 Posts
I'm not the first to say it and I'm not the only one doing it. I don't think it's unreasonable to respectfully ride a trail section designated for hikers to avoid damage to a trail. I'll ride the Bike Village trail once it's dry but until then I'll be taking the dry route.

·
t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
4,767 Posts
Respectfully or riding like and a$$hat, it is still a bike on a hiking only trail - only paints all us mtbr's in a bad light. Yah were all itchin to ride some dry dirt but until then use common sense - if available.:thumbsup:

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
nitecrwlr said:
I'm not the first to say it and I'm not the only one doing it. I don't think it's unreasonable to respectfully ride a trail section designated for hikers to avoid damage to a trail. I'll ride the Bike Village trail once it's dry but until then I'll be taking the dry route.
Wow. "I'm not the only one doing it", --so it's okay.

I think I will do some meth, it must be okay since I'm not the only one doing it.

"I don't think it's unreasonable to respectfully ride a trail section designated for hikers.."

I don't think it's unreasonable to respectably ride in all those great national parks in the winter, or in the local indoor mall in the winter to avoid trail damage to trails nearby either.

But I refrain from my selfish caveboy urgers and don't.

You are a caveboy. And that you post it here, a very pathetic one too!. I'm amazed others replying gave you so much courtesy.

·
ride
5,275 Posts
Jost rode the dirty Bismark area stuff. 100% of everything east o 93 was good. Doudy Draw had some mud pits at the very top but was overall in great shape. Heard Springbrook loop was a no go so we passed.

·
Registered
298 Posts
They take away the best part of trails financed with my tax money and force me to ride the wet section? Have you seen the condition of the "hiking" trail lately? Matthew Winters has already been taken away if the only choice I have is to carry my bike through clay. You folks are the ones hurting the trails for mountain bikers by rolling over and blindly putting your tails between your legs everytime an old politician takes our money to post a sign saying "keep out". The hikers can have the mud if they want solitude. I'll be taking the high and dry trail.

·
t.i.t.s.ceo/FR amoeba rep
4,767 Posts
nitecrwlr said:
You folks are the ones hurting the trails for mountain bikers by rolling over and blindly putting your tails between your legs everytime an old politician takes our money to post a sign saying "keep out".
No, these are the folks getting involved and showing up at meetings and giving their time and energy and ALOT of it. Putting their backs and sweat into the trails and bulding new ones for you to enjoy. Joining organizations like COMBA, IMBA and others:thumbsup: Get involved and show up and voice your own opinion.

Its just bad advice is all that was said- nobody pointed you out specifically.

pbr: aka: taxpayer

·
Registered
298 Posts
So where were you, bad andy and yetigirl when they took that part of the trail away from us? Which trails have you worked on specifically and when? Is your IMBA membership current? Mine is. I was born in Colorado. Mountain biking is what I do. Matthew Winters/Dakota Ridge is the only ride I can do before sunset this time of year. 99% of the trail can be ridden without damage. I avoid the 1% that will be damaged if I ride it by taking the hiker route. This is how I take care of MY trail. If others disagree, I'll pay my $45 fine and consider it the cost of riding the trail that I love.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
nitecrwlr said:
So where were you, bad andy and yetigirl when they took that part of the trail away from us? Which trails have you worked on specifically and when? Is your IMBA membership current? Mine is. I was born in Colorado. Mountain biking is what I do. Matthew Winters/Dakota Ridge is the only ride I can do before sunset this time of year. 99% of the trail can be ridden without damage. I avoid the 1% that will be damaged if I ride it by taking the hiker route. This is how I take care of MY trail. If others disagree, I'll pay my $45 fine and consider it the cost of riding the trail that I love.
Get a clue.....bottom line the trail is closed to bikes. You were born in Colorado....do you want a cookie? Are you special? Some of the people you are calling out do a lot for the MTB community around here and they do so with their own time....I would suggest backing off.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Only trail?

nitecrwlr said:
Matthew Winters/Dakota Ridge is the only ride I can do before sunset this time of year. 99% of the trail can be ridden without damage. I avoid the 1% that will be damaged if I ride it by taking the hiker route. This is how I take care of MY trail. If others disagree, I'll pay my $45 fine and consider it the cost of riding the trail that I love.
1. Green Mountain is hardly 2 minutes away and is almost always dried out before MM.
2. Your trail? Awesome. I really like that. This is the problem. The rest of us didn't realize it was your trail. My bad. I'll be sure to ask your permission next time I ride YOUR trail.

F-wad: this is OUR trail. OURS. Yours, mine, the hikers, the bikers, the little kids and moms with babies and the elderly and the dogs and the horses and everyone in between. When you get a fine for $45, it affects more than you. It affects all of us. This is why people work together. It's why IMBA exists. If you're so proud of your IMBA membership, you might want to stop and ask, WWID? I'm pretty sure the organization would not stand by your stupid behavior- you're part of the reason they (WE) have to fight for OUR rights.

·
not actually bad :)
1,768 Posts
nitecrwlr said:
nitecrwlr, check your PM.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I'm pretty sure the organization wouldn't stand by your use of the word F-wad. :eek: :D

I talked to Debbie Matthews 21 years ago when I was in her club and she gave me permission to ride whatever part of the trail I wanted. :cool:

alshead said:
1. Green Mountain is hardly 2 minutes away and is almost always dried out before MM.
2. Your trail? Awesome. I really like that. This is the problem. The rest of us didn't realize it was your trail. My bad. I'll be sure to ask your permission next time I ride YOUR trail.

F-wad: this is OUR trail. OURS. Yours, mine, the hikers, the bikers, the little kids and moms with babies and the elderly and the dogs and the horses and everyone in between. When you get a fine for $45, it affects more than you. It affects all of us. This is why people work together. It's why IMBA exists. If you're so proud of your IMBA membership, you might want to stop and ask, WWID? I'm pretty sure the organization would not stand by your stupid behavior- you're part of the reason they (WE) have to fight for OUR rights.

·
bacon! bacon! bacon!
12,444 Posts
Bottom line - DO NOT RIDE THE VILLAGE TRAIL. If several total a$$hats do it that is NO REASON TO DO IT YOURSELF.

My advice would be to ride M/W as an out/back from Red Rocks if the bike portion is not in suitable condition.

Or find something else that *is* dry. Do Dakota Ridge as an out/back. Green Mountain.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.