Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering when the earliest time of the year that the trails are dry and ridable? i'm trying to start planing a trip up that way and i was just looking for dates. i'll be looking at hitting up the dh and freeride stuff at the park and outside of it. Thanks
ATJ

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't know about Marquette, but down here (under the bridge), my friends and I ride whenever the trails are dry, and sometimes when they're not. I'll bet there will be some crazies out tomorrow when the temps won't be above 30. But for me, down here in southern Michigan, I consider April or May the beginning of riding season. Sometimes even March, but I prefer it to be above 45 or so.

Don't know if it helps you or not...

·
Elsievo
57 Posts
I live in the Keweenaw, about 2 hrs NW of Marquette. Our season starts around May 15, but riding is better after June 1. Marquette dries out earlier than we do as they get 2/3 of the snowfall we get.

Being a trail builder I have a tendency to discourage riding the trails when wet up here. Superior Bike Fest I believe is the weekend after Father's Day. Also am not sure if the gravity events will be at this year's Chain Drive in Houghton. I know a couple of guys who plan to work on some downhill trails on Mont Ripley near Houghton.
b

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool thanks for the help guys
ATJ

·
PM Me for Wood Fenders
1,001 Posts
Outside of doing damage to trails, I didn't know the season ended. The best thing I did this year was to pick up a pair of Nokian Extreames 296ers. When the snow get's too deep, the lake is frozen with 10 inches of ice. It's also a trip when you see a guy towing a sled filled with ice fishing gear across the lake at 15 mph...hahaha,:thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.