Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m taking the family to Boyne Falls tomorrow and a few of us plan on making the trek to Marquette. We heard the south trails is where it’s at. I’m debating on my full suspension or my hardtail. I’m leaning towards full suspension to play it safe since we have never been there. I don’t know much about the trails or the condition with all the rain. I tried contacting the Marquette Mountain Biking on Facebook but was led to more questions than answers. Has anyone rode them recently that can give advice?

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
This is probably too late, but just FYI, its probably 3.5 hrs from Boyne Falls to Marquette. I have been up to MQT since last fall, but I know there are some trail closures at the south trails from the pipeline work and I have seen posts about trail closures and bridges out on the north trails. I think you would have more fun on a FS bike. Just seems like a lot of driving if its just for the day.

Boyne has nearby even though its not quite up to par with Marquette. Avalanche and Boyne School Forest are not far from there, or lift dh laps at Boyne Highlands just north of Petoskey.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.