Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
eci
2,712 Posts
Master_Jako said:
you mean like $500 for the shock and $1500 for the fork???
nope prolly 2000 for the fork.

do the math the float was 649.99 when it came out and a comparble fork my marz or manipoo or rs was 399.99 so if a comprable marz is 1149(888) that would make the fox 1867.00 using cross multiplication of course. Also add the wow factor of the new fox and your lookin at 2k

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
snowskilz said:

do the math the float was 649.99 when it came out and a comparble fork my marz or manipoo or rs was 399.99 so if a comprable marz is 1149(888) that would make the fox 1867.00 using cross multiplication of course. Also add the wow factor of the new fox and your lookin at 2k
lol, i rather buy a new bighit, or frame with that kind of money.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
/dev/null
720 Posts
snowskilz said:

What a strange way to compute the cost of the new fork - compare it to a single crown air fork that came out a couple years ago...

Is there an international standard that defines how much "wow factor" is? :D

I'm just kidding with you, but I doubt they'll price it higher than a Dorado, considering that will almost price them out of the market. Manitou offers other double crown DH forks for more budget-conscious people, this is Fox's only DH fork.

If they price it up at 2 large, I'm sure there will be some buyers but they will price themselves out of the mainstream market. Seeing as they are trying to break into this market, I think that would be a huge mistake.

·
Card Carrying Member
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I guestimate a slightly lower or similar MSRP as the Dorrado. No fancy formula, just a guestimate.

But that sh!t looks so rad up close and in your hands. brrrrr, gives me the willies thinking about getting to ride it. Probably wouldn't be the most effective fork on a Chameleon though. :D

·
Banned
11,257 Posts
the little things

1) double diamonds cast into the linkage axle

2) squared arch on Fox DH fork

3) new V10 monocoque looks VERY much like an Intense -- is there a merger in the works? or was this part of the licensing from Jeff Steber, that the frames also could mimic Intense frames?

4) who cares what graphics are on the Fox fork, DUH! peel off the stickers, maroons!

·
Registered
206 Posts
no kidding

Master_Jako said:
lol, i rather buy a new bighit, or frame with that kind of money.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
LOL!!! $2000 for a fox fork. Uh, no thanks... :rolleyes:

I think they'd price themselves right out of the market.

For that much money you could get a better fork in the Avy DHF. :cool:

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
ladge said:
For that much money you could get a better fork in the Avy DHF. :cool:
yeah, but you couldn't get one that weighs under 7 lbs.
i think the price will prob be around 1.5 thousand

·
Banned
7,131 Posts
snowskilz said:

The retail for a Marathon SL (marzocchi equivalent to a float) is a lot more than 399. It's more like $550-600. It costs $559 on Supergo right now.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.