Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The MKIII is in MTB Review freeride full suspension category but should be in the all mountain full suspension category I think! Wrong pictures too unless its the "05 model.

I have owned my '06 MKIII Expert less than a month and have communicated with a number of other MK owners here at IH forum. Thanks by the way. One of my questions is why are MK owners leaving so few reviews?

I am guessing you're happy with your bike or you probably would have left a negative review. Like the one guy who dragged the overall ratings down with (in my opinion) an almost unbelievable story. Only took one guy to do that because too few reviews have been left, 6 total for the Expert.

I am not an IH employee or affiliated in anyway. Just wonder why you wouldn't want other riders to know what an awesome bike you own. Nothing wrong with getting respect when due. Also do you think the DW Link does what is claimed? I do!
The US patent office decided that it was unique or an improvement over existing patents.
Only way those guys will give out those things ya know.

So what's gives? When the '07 bikes come out no one will probably read your
review if you wait that long. Are you being cautious? Holding your review for ransom in the event that your bike might somehow explode one day. Haven't heard of that happening to anyone yet. Seriously or even anything like complete failure of pivot bearings in less than a year as cited by reviews left for another companies very popular bike. If you did any research before you bought your bike you know which one I am talking about. Like me you chose not to go that route despite its popularity. Most problems are from components anyway and in that regard it doesn't matter what you are riding it is either covered by a warranty or not. So why wouldn’t you let others know you were right in buying one?

But like I said I have only owned my MK for less than a month. So maybe I'm missing something here. Let me know.

·
Registered
81 Posts
mkIII badly listed

you are right broncbuster - the mkIII is wrongly listed.

regarding the lack of reviews ;

a) I have found quite a few reviews of mkIII in the 04 Hollowpoint reviews - seems that the naming of the bike as "hollowpoint mkIII" had people a bit confused - we are now generally talking about them as plain "mkIII"

b) those of us active on mtb review assume that lots of other bike owners are like us and know about or want to read / talk bike stuff. It is my hunch that most bike owners out there don't know about or don't care about mtbike review ??

c) my LBS which stocks IH only ever has one mkIII on the shop floor at any one time, practically invisible amongst hoards of other, mostly, though by no means all, much more basic bikes. Very few uninformed bike buyers are going to get pointed in the direction of a mkIII and what they buy is down to random influences like buyer knowledge, planned use, choice of store, price, the salesperson they deal with, the magazines etc they might have read, the friends they know with bikes ........

meanwhile we are privy to the joys of mkIII riding, and the challenge is for the marketing department of IH / local distributors / LBS as to how to get the message across .........

·
Industry Loudmouth
964 Posts
I think that a lot of the peeps who post in the reviews section are newbs while a lot of the folks riding dw-link bikes tend to be cycling cognoscenti ;) They come to message boards like here and over on ridemonkey to gab about bikes and pick their equipment on recommends by conversing w/ other riders directly.

-ska todd

·
M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
3,584 Posts
ska todd said:
I think that a lot of the peeps who post in the reviews section are newbs while a lot of the folks riding dw-link bikes tend to be cycling cognoscenti ;) They come to message boards like here and over on ridemonkey to gab about bikes and pick their equipment on recommends by conversing w/ other riders directly.

-ska todd
Ditto...

and most MK owner perfer spending their free time on the trails instead of in front of the computer writing a review :D

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Only 8 reviews left...I waited an appropriate amount of time. I'm sure you guys can write a better review than me. Think I will start posting on this thread every time I have a good ride. Nah that would be about everyday.
Have a good bike day!

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
If I owned a MkIII, I'd post a review for it. But my 2004 Hollowpoint is still going strong, and I have no reason to upgrade yet. I will take a close look at the 6-Point when more info becomes available.

I have posted two reviews for the Hollowpoint Expert. Interestingly, this bike has made it into the Hall of Fame. Yay!!

I agree that the MTBR site maintainer needs to move the MkIII from Freeride to Trail.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.