Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

After lurking for a while I though I'd better join...

Just got my xmas present a wolf ridge frame and am having a bit of an issue.

I've got a shimano xt m770 top swing bottom pull front mech and seem to have a big gap between it and the biggest front ring, shimano reckon 3mm but the gap is more like 10mm.

Am i useing the correct mech?

I'm planning on useing a 36 x 24 ring setup with a bashguard on xt cranks.

Any help greatfully appreciated!

·
www.derbyrims.com
6,766 Posts
Lower the derailleur down to recommendations near the big ring. If you remove the big ring don't change the derailleur position any lower. That derailleur is design to handle the small and middle rings from the big ring height.

Adjusting a front derailleur to clear in all gears is one of the most difficult things to set up. It might be best to take it to your local bike shop and get them to set it up and maybe do a full tune up adjustment to get the most from your great new bike.

BTW cool bike! Enjoy!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks thats what i'm gonna try.

My last bike, an orange 5, had more seat post on it and therefore i could adjust it as per the shimano pro set gauge. Rather than the wolf ridge which has less to play with because of where the downtube meets the seat tube!

Just waiting for the back wheel to arrive... might have to go for a raz on christmas day!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.