Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just went for a test ride on this classy looking bike. the ride seems to fit me, but I a newby to all this full suspension stuff. I used to be a maniac but now im just daring!

as a trail rider i like the approach marin is taking ,but how is it doing out there on the trail - do people like them?

my first post go easy on me....

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have a marin rift zone... I've put many miles of riding on it, and it's just as great as ever. It's never let me down. I did upgrade a few things here and there, but the bike itself has been fantastic for me.

·
Since Nineteen Forgotten
146 Posts
Used to have a '99 Marin Rift Zone, it was my 1st full suspension bike. This was the early single pivot model, loved that bike. The bearings on that bike never gave up, the pivot bearings was so well sealed from countless numbers of mud, rain and bottom bracket deep crossing I never had to do anything to it.

replaced almost everything on that frame except for the pivot bearings and it was still rolling.

Would have gotten another Marin, but the new frame geometry and sizes doesn't fit me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.