Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this bike a little over a week ago. It was used, but looks in pretty good condition. See for yourselves..

(Quality of a Cell Phone Image..)

Ha ha.. Anyways, I upgraded to Shimano RapidFire Shifters (from gripshifts), RaceFace crankarms, Bash Guard on the sprocket, Shimano Alivio Rear Derailleur, new grips, new puncture resistant tires/tubes/liner (I HATE FLATS!!!) and a new seat (still very uncomfortable). Just wondering what you all think about this bike?! I spent $150 on the bike (I think it's a 2001) and then the upgrades.. Thanks!

I also use this bike MAINLY for trail riding. Rode about 30 miles yesterday and only broke a chain (I think it was too loose..) I took out a couple links, hooked it back together and haven't had a problem with it since!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay, that's what I've been reading on different reviews of the bike.. It feels solid too. I am starting to love MTBing. I used to ride BMX, well.. Still do, but this is much more fun when trails are involved! Fork upgrade is gonna be coming up here shortly (trying to move to a new place).. Thanks for the response!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those look pretty good. Would you recommend anything better than those? Those don't look sealed, so what about moisture getting into it? I almost ordered them, but want to make sure that I am getting something I won't have to replace in 2 months.. I appreciate all the help!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.