Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
462 Posts
Please post specs on each so we can see what the differences are. We might be able to tell you which has better parts.

Also, have you ridden them? If not you should. Ride quality is very subjective and only you can tell which one rides better for you.

Finally, which one looks better to you? If all else is equal you should get the one you think looks better.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Specialized:

# Shimano FCM-341-8 crankset, Octalink Spline, replaceable rings Shimano cartridge bearing BB
# Shimano HB-M65L, Center Lock disc hubs, 32h, QR
# A1 Premium Aluminum frame, disc only, double butted TT and ORE DT, externally relieved head tube, internally relieved BB shell, reinforced disc mount, forged 3D dropouts
# RockShox Dart 3 SL fork, 100mm, Mag Lower, 28.6mm Cro-Mo stanchions, coil spring, alloy steer, rebound adjust w/ lockout and preload adjust
# Specialized 3D forged alloy stem, two bolt, 25.4mm, 10 degree rise
# Shimano 415, mechanical disc brakes, 6" Center Lock rotors

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have an old marin Bobcat, [like 2000 old] and i liked how that rode, and i have ridden my friends brand new hardrock, so i guess it is down to looks and which has better parts... looks, the specialized wins, parts, is what i am looking for your help with!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am in a similar position, bobcat or hardrock sport. Have you bought either of these now sailor200 and are you pleased with the chosen bike? i was thinking of going for the marin, but would be keen to hear from you.

Many thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i went ahead and bought the specialized rockhopper, but without the disc brakes. the store closest to me is a specialized dealer, so that was part of my decision, also, i felt i was getting more for my money with the rockhopper... and to be honest, my red 'hopper looks to me, cooler than the silver marin i was looking at. proformance wise i love the rockhopper, it's a smooth ride, and the shocks are really, actually not as bad as i had been warned. a little stiffer than i would ideally have, but all in all very good. my money ran out before i could do discs, but the rims do fine, actually more than fine, they sent me over the bars my second day... =/ lol.

as for the hardrock sport. the store i went to had both hardrock and rockhopper next to each other, and i could have gotten either. the discs look very sexy, but my friend has the hardrock, and it is very much heavier than my bike. i like a light bike, and so that really helped me decide. the regular rockhopper and the hardrock sport have a 20 dollar price diff. if i were you, i would go with the rockhopper, it is a better bike with better components, in my mind... besides, as i said, the red looks really sick!

just my .02

good luck!

if you have any more questions PM me!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.