Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Nickthed3
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo peeps. I know this is a loaded question but I'm wondering which bike you would recommend and why? Just the main bullet points will do as I have already researched a good amount and they are almost exact same price point. I have local dealers for both as well. The 1×11 on the Hawk Hill has me hung up as the Trance 3 comes with a 1×10. Thanks in advance and look forward to hearing from ya.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Late reply so no help to OP but for others who may have the same question I thought I would share my experience with both frames.
I ride a Trance 2 and my wife a HH1.
HH has Fox 34 Rhythm 130mm fork upgrade so forks are roughly equal. I have ridden both over single track, gravel roads and lift park runs. My impression is that the HH Feels more nimble and “playful” where the Trance feels more planted and stable. The HH has a noticeably lower BB when riding. Pedal strike was more common if I was riding it like I ride the Trance. Riding the same trails, I never really noticed the shorter travel when on the HH.

Both nice bikes, would have gone for a HH myself but got a silly deal on the Trance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.