Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am on my second Marin Bobcat and the replacement has the same issue with the wheels. When I am riding there seems to be a bobbing motion but not so much when pedaling. I thought for sure replacing the whole bike would fix the problem but still no luck. I tried riding two other Marins and no weird bobbing so its not an illusion. I even had someone else ride it and agreed that something is wrong. I have had the wheels trued without any change in the problem. Any suggestions what I can try next?

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
anthonygobot said:
So I am on my second Marin Bobcat and the replacement has the same issue with the wheels. When I am riding there seems to be a bobbing motion but not so much when pedaling. I thought for sure replacing the whole bike would fix the problem but still no luck. I tried riding two other Marins and no weird bobbing so its not an illusion. I even had someone else ride it and agreed that something is wrong. I have had the wheels trued without any change in the problem. Any suggestions what I can try next?
Airing up the tires properly? Making sure the tires are seated well?

Replacing a whole bike is pretty extreme for what should be s simple issue.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Trust me it wasnt my choice to replace the whole bike, the seller would not replace just the wheels. Hey they paid for the return shipping both ways so no reason not to accept it. I thought about replacing the tires but the local bike shop couldnt even figure out the problem.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
anthonygobot said:
Trust me it wasnt my choice to replace the whole bike, the seller would not replace just the wheels. Hey they paid for the return shipping both ways so no reason not to accept it. I thought about replacing the tires but the local bike shop couldnt even figure out the problem.
The simple checks are to try different wheels, one at a time. Try your wheels in another bike. Swap tires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.