Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a small question..

Put a deposit down on a bike today, i was having to choose between an 09 specialized pitch pro and a Marin Rock Springs and i chose the latter after giving it a little ride.

I would just like some recommendations as to if this is the right decision (as i can always change my mind) as after reading a few webpages (unlike what the dealer said) the Marin Rock Springs bike is more downhill bike than AM, tending towards cross country unlike what my LBS told me.

I do generally ride AM stuff but tend towards cross country... and serious downhill is hardly ever done

thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Hmm the wording of your question is a bit unclear- you're saying that the Marin is on the downhill side of the AM spectrum but you yourself tend to ride more XC?

There probably are lighter choices out there for more XC-style work.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Find out where your passion lies before you commit.
The Rock received good reviews but is not considered an XC-ish bike like say....stumpjumper,Superlight,Rush and so on but i certainly would'nt consider it a DH rig.

You may just need to slow down a little so you make the right decision.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.