Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a Team Marin Frame at a yard sale for next to nothing and it's a really nice frame- Probably mid 90's -Tange ultralight - interesting little dot welds and oversized rear stays. Was wondering if there's anything interesting behind the company- people ,design etc.?

·
FreeRider 4 Real (not!)
363 Posts
mojo2367 said:
I picked up a Team Marin Frame at a yard sale for next to nothing and it's a really nice frame- Probably mid 90's -Tange ultralight - interesting little dot welds and oversized rear stays. Was wondering if there's anything interesting behind the company- people ,design etc.?
Wasnt Joe Murray involved with Marin, he designed bikes for Kona in the 80'ies and early 90'ies. Marin seemed to be big around 1993-1995, now I dont see or hear a lot about them.

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
Marin had quite a strong race team in the mid-late 80s. Joe Murray was one of the riders, none of the other names are coming to me right now however. Mike Jordan was one I think too. Their Team Titanium bike was the first titanium mountain bike if I remember correctly in 87 or 88. It was a big deal to go from 5 pound steel frames to a 3.5 pound frame back then. Now aluminum frames are lighter than ti however.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.