Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you may know Marie Curtis Park is the proposed site for another Skills Park in Toronto.

There is a public consultation meeting to view the proposed design for the new park. This is a great opportunity to come out and see the plans and have your voice heard.

It would be great to see as many people out from the community as possible!

Please see the attached flyer for further details.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Quick reminder of the meeting tonight.

7pm at the Assembly Hall

Anyone else planning on attending? Would be great to see support behind this project from the riding community. The plan sounds amazing! Much more than 'just' dirt jumps. There is going to be something for everyone!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Their plan is to put shovels in the ground in 2015. The features that they showed exceeded my expectations! Something for all skill levels from green circle to double black diamond. They mentioned two pump tracks, one that would be suitable for 4 year olds on run bikes and the other for advanced users.
Other park features include bermed corners, launch pads (big jumps) built with a steel frame and wood decking (to minimize the maintenance and ensure consultancy of the lips.

The park would be open from dawn to dusk.
The councillor for the area was present and he the project has his full support.

·
Team NFI
5,303 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The meeting had a VERY positive tone.

You are correct in the media coverage - I was interviewed by Here and Now yesterday eve., then the 11:00 news and again this Morning.
Here is the clip from the news - starts around 11:06.
News Toronto (Late Night) - May 12, 2014 - News Toronto (Late Night) - CBC Player

As MustGOFaster said the park is well above my expectations - wow! The proposal has it being built in 3 Phases to gradually increase the level of difficulty. The double black features are huge - this is the real deal. Well done Alpine Bike Parks!

Councillor Grimes seems really on side with the bike park and with the recent NETS document targeting Marie Curtis as a high priority area I can only hope this moves along quickly and finds funding.

It was great to see a number of members from the riding community out to support the project. Hopefully with continued support we see this moving forward.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.