Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Thread Pollution
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know he was a road rider pray he'll reincarnate to a crack baby mtn.biker. Feb.8 we'll celebrate his aptitude in attitude and riding [email protected] Fe critical mass.Enough of you show ...we'll do an alleycat
or rent out a cheap motel room {I suggest the WesternScene on Cerrillos Rd.} and "Live the final days of Il Pirate".

·
crap magnet
572 Posts
unique for sure

Journalist: "Why do you climb so fast?"
Pantani: "To make my suffering end faster"
ironic?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I am the one who approves makachut's messages and I don't feel him. Who will bring the clean split bill, big ol' spleef mon, and tha actual cracked 8....that's what killd'm, right? Also prefer 4/4 english double beat or NY Hardcore on 12 w/ 2) 4 count bridges at 1/2 and 2/3. Like agolden mean thing ya know mon? After the party we are doing the cracked mass critical ride?

·
Thread Pollution
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
stefan said:
I am the one who approves makachut's messages and I don't feel him. Who will bring the clean split bill, big ol' spleef mon, and tha actual cracked 8....that's what killd'm, right? Also prefer 4/4 english double beat or NY Hardcore on 12 w/ 2) 4 count bridges at 1/2 and 2/3. Like agolden mean thing ya know mon? After the party we are doing the cracked mass critical ride?
. He died from being a fat pig without limits.Bring your own spleef mon,I would rather read this forum.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I loved Pantani. He was one of the best. Say what you will about his doping, but he was playing on an even field w/ the rest of them when he did it, all contending riders in those days had the same advantages and treats, so no cheating in my eyes. If you want to see a spectacular performance in the mountains, see the Tour and Giro (96 or 98 I think)he won in the same year. He was absolutely spectacular with his ataacks in the mountains! Especially the Giro, as usual, Alex Zulle ran off the road chasing him thru the hills.
Anyway if it wasn't a critical mass ride I'd be there. I love bikers, but hate those critical mass Fookers:madmax: . I want to run over them (Hmmmmm...maybe I will be there- IN MY 4x4 w/ a snowplow:thumbsup: ). So would Pantani!!! Viva Il Pirata! I'll be there for the 8-ball at the Western Scene after the ride, though. After I get coked up I'll scrap the masser's of my snowplow with a shovel and feed em to my dogs.

·
Thread Pollution
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
delnorte said:
I loved Pantani. He was one of the best. Say what you will about his doping, but he was playing on an even field w/ the rest of them when he did it, all contending riders in those days had the same advantages and treats, so no cheating in my eyes. If you want to see a spectacular performance in the mountains, see the Tour and Giro (96 I think)he won in the same year. He was absolutely spectacular with his ataacks in the mountains! Especially the Giro, as usual, Alex Zulle ran off the road chasing him thru the hills.
Anyway if it wasn't a critical mass ride I'd be there. I love bikers, but hate those critical mass Fookers:madmax: . I want to run over them (Hmmmmm...maybe I will be there- IN MY 4x4 w/ a snowplow:thumbsup: ). So would Pantani!!! Viva Il Pirata! I'll be there for the 8-ball at the Western Scene after the ride, though. After I get coked up I'll scrap the masser's of my snowplow with a shovel and feed em to my dogs.
Funny:nono: how you have that FALSE sense of security while you are in your car
then when you stop and park it ....all of a sudden your not a tough guy any more and start to beg for mercy and say it was all a joke,....... as your dental make-over starts ...:ihih: at no charge .
Now GO drive your silly SUV to the E-room:smallviolin:
the blood stains on your car seat are there to remind you:idea: START SEEING CYCLISTS
Oh Pantani Lives

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
In case anyone wonders, I was joking about plowing thru cyclists. BUT I do hate critical massers. I commute all the time on my bike- to trails, to work, etc. The Massers purposely take up the entire road in order to prove a point, while doing nothing but making people hate cyclists like myself. Motorists hate massers for being so obnoxious and therefore go on to despise and mis-treat other cyclists due to their experience with the "critical jerks".
Behavior that purposely and intentionally antagonizes motorists is bad for all of us. Thats why I dispise critical mass. They think they are developing awareness while only developing hatred toward cyclists. I'm not sure if an official agenda encourages this poor behavior or if the folks who show up for critical mass just end up using the event for an excuse to be antagonistic, but I have seen it way too many times. I showed up for a critical mass ride when I first moved here. I was so disgusted that I pulled out quick. They are the worst organization that exists in cycling and they stir up tension that puts all commuter cyclists at risk.

·
Thread Pollution
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You Joking ,duh. 530 pm Thursday on the plaza.
delnorte,stop the hate and educate ...the critical masses on your experiences.
As a bike commuter, I think cars are the problem in areas of concentrated population, ie The Plaza where the critical massers ride.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Got no time for those fools and rejects. They refuse to try to exist peacefully w/ motorists and won't be looking for suggestions on how to do so. Until we all sell our cars we can't complain about traffic anywhere. By the way, I commute thru the plaza most days on my bike and feel that bikes and cars together in that area work pretty well. Probabaly the best streets in town for shared roads(which is one reason I commute through the plaza).....until the massers make assers out of themslves and purposely and maliciously disrupt traffic and shoot birds at folks. Critical mass is juvenile pre-school level activism at best. Bike advocacy rocks, but critical massers are like the David Dukes of community activism, the Terrell Owens' of the NFL, the Kevin Federlines of Hollywood, the Jerry Springers of talk shows, the ...................just irritating and self-defeating. NO CRED

·
Thread Pollution
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
delnorte said:
Got no time for those fools and rejects. They refuse to try to exist peacefully w/ motorists and won't be looking for suggestions on how to do so. Until we all sell our cars we can't complain about traffic anywhere. By the way, I commute thru the plaza most days on my bike and feel that bikes and cars together in that area work pretty well. Probabaly the best streets in town for shared roads(which is one reason I commute through the plaza).....until the massers make assers out of themslves and purposely and maliciously disrupt traffic and shoot birds at folks. Critical mass is juvenile pre-school level activism at best. Bike advocacy rocks, but critical massers are like the David Dukes of community activism, the Terrell Owens' of the NFL, the Kevin Federlines of Hollywood, the Jerry Springers of talk shows, the ...................just irritating and self-defeating. NO CRED[/QUOT
You separatist ******* who comes from a wealthy family..David Duke ,T,O.,Jerry,Federline ... hardly the right analogy
Try Ed Abbey,Dave Foreman,Lenny Bruce,Rosa Parks all citizens taking action.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Rosa took proper action, she rocks, Lenny Bruce????? not really a hero of any sort, just a self-righteous potty mouth. Ed Abbey wasn't holdin' busy people up and shooting birds at folks who might be giving grandma a ride to her bible study group. Like I said, the only action massers take is botherin' folks under the false banner of "advocacy". On top of that, they frequently ILLEGALLY disrupt traffic - how will any legitimate responders react to that? Can we see any accomplishments of note from critical mass? NO. Just riders/drivers feelin' pissed at one another.
I know what critical mass is about - I've seen it first-hand and was sorry about what it actually did for my safety as a cyclist, and I've been reading about it on-line for a while, trying to find just one example of a notable accomplishment, to no avail. All I found were some bikers stoked about being a part of critical mass, but not one advancement that came to cyclists as a result of these rides. It's just a buch of Cindy Sheehans - you know, folks that like being part of a movement and raising hell, but failing to build real credibility for their cause that their counterparts/audience would ever take serously and therefore acomplishing nothing but the making of waves. :bluefrown: :bluefrown: :bluefrown:
There are groups that are better equipped and more effective when it comes to representing cyclists and their ideas/agendas. Don't wreck us, help us. Steer the massers to evolve into a better organization that other groups would actually take seriously and warm up to and not be bothered by. This is a (*******)cyclist talking here. If a ******* can see this, why can't you?

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Now this is a good argument! Very well thought out. Good points on both sides. Although, I have to admit that I am leaning towards Delnorte at the moment, as I know nothing of critical mass except what I have gathered on this thread, and he has brought up some good points. C'umon Makachut I think you need to address the "rodietude":skep:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Wasted Youth

With youth comes revolution with critical mass comes convolusion. Lets be bike advocates and ask the big questions! Why can a horse plough up the wilderness and a bike isn't allowed to be less impactive? I am a tax payer and therefore I must have supported the purchase of the Baca Ranch, so why can"t I ride on it if someone else can? Should bikers yield to pedestrians? Critical mass' might play its importance somewhere else in the country, but it does not work here. I must agree with el del Norte. It only makes Sana Feans hate more. We should all love and learn how to share and for cryin' out loud BE CONSIDERATE!

·
Thread Pollution
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Critical massers are bike riders.Recognize the similarities,accept the differences.
delnorte talks of weapons of mass destruction powered by fear and hate..I'm talking about a group of law abiding people gathering in civil obediance . Allowing motorist to understand that bikes are traffic, a vital part to our community in helping educate Granny and kids comprehend that bikes are allowed on the street and require some room between bike and homicidal motorists.
Ed Abbey did alot more than just flip off passing motorist, remember the book with Hayduke as the leading character{some fiction some not}? If it wasn't for Lenny Bruce where would freedom of speech and censorship be today?You people are educated, do I need to give specifics?
In order to stop the hate ,take them by the hand and educate show them how to ride with respect and a positive LOVE vibe towards motorists.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
I still love you Macaroni, even if you are a masser. Keep those fools in line on the ride this Thursday. See if you can keep them from making obcene gestures and maybe a little more to the right side of the road so grandma can make it to her dialysis appointment. Similarities accepted, differences recognized.

·
Thread Pollution
1,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
delnorte said:
I still love you Macaroni, even if you are a masser. Keep those fools in line on the ride this Thursday. See if you can keep them from making obcene gestures and maybe a little more to the right side of the road so grandma can make it to her dialysis appointment. Similarities accepted, differences recognized.
Thanks delmonte,big love from me to you.I Need to borrow your Ladies whip in order to keep those massers in a single file line.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.