Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we are 7 days into March. Thought I'd start a thread so we can post updates for our March Hours in the Saddle. So how is everyone coming along with their riding time? I rode Salmon Falls and Sweetwater today. That brings my March Hours in the Saddle time to 14.5 hours. My goal is 60 hours for the month. Working 6am to 2pm really helps. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and daylight savings starts Sunday!

Let the Games begin!! :cool: :thumbsup: :D

·
CHOCOLATE NASTIES Baker
1,289 Posts
Does Urban count??

2 hours terrorizing Kurosaki residents, riding down stairs at the train station and bunny hopping stair sets at the mall. :thumbsup: :cornut: :rockon: No one has tried to stop me so I just rode where I wanted. Does that make me the "Ugly American"?

·
Slowest Rider
5,237 Posts
Finally!

You finally came up with competition I can win!

I could start with 15 hours on Saturday. :thumbsup:
But the stewardess will give me funny looks with the saddle on the seat. :eekster:

Actually, hours on the bike does favor my slower speed, if I could only get on the bike these days.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
With all the roadie commuters

I don't expect to be competitive.
Skipped days before/after race. (VQ course 2007 same as 2006)

Day
Pvt
18:19:3421:56:34144.2826,615
<TR class=oddRow onmouseover=hoverRow(this) onmouseout=exitRow(this)>[TD] [/TD][TD]Sycamore Tour[/TD][TD]Mar 7, 2007[/TD][TD]Casa Conejo[/TD][TD]3:03:00[/TD][TD]3:48:09[/TD][TD]27.92[/TD][TD]3,961[/TD][TD]Wednesday[/TD][TD][/TD][/TR]<TR class=evenRow onmouseover=hoverRow(this) onmouseout=exitRow(this)>[TD][/TD][TD]Cheeseboro - China Flat[/TD][TD]Mar 6, 2007[/TD][TD]Agoura[/TD][TD]1:52:38[/TD][TD]2:15:14[/TD][TD]15.80[/TD][TD]2,504[/TD][TD]Tuesday[/TD][TD][/TD][/TR]<TR class=oddRow onmouseover=hoverRow(this) onmouseout=exitRow(this)>[TD][/TD][TD]Sycamore loop to beach[/TD][TD]Mar 6, 2007[/TD][TD]Casa Conejo[/TD][TD]1:55:49[/TD][TD]2:16:50[/TD][TD]18.74[/TD][TD]2,009[/TD][TD]Tuesday[/TD][TD][/TD][/TR]<TR class=evenRow onmouseover=hoverRow(this) onmouseout=exitRow(this)>[TD][/TD][TD]Cheeseboro Loop[/TD][TD]Mar 5, 2007[/TD][TD]Agoura[/TD][TD]1:03:55[/TD][TD]1:14:17[/TD][TD]9.42[/TD][TD]1,221[/TD][TD]Monday[/TD][TD][/TD][/TR]<TR class=rowhover onmouseover=hoverRow(this) onmouseout=exitRow(this)>[TD][/TD][TD]Vision Quest 2006[/TD][TD]Mar 3, 2007[/TD][TD]Foothill Ranch[/TD][TD]8:36:27[/TD][TD]10:14:26[/TD][TD]56.05[/TD][TD]14,791[/TD][TD]Saturday[/TD][TD][/TD][/TR]<TR class=evenRow onmouseover=hoverRow(this) onmouseout=exitRow(this)>[TD][/TD][TD]Sycamore Tuneup[/TD][TD]Mar 1, 2007[/TD][TD]Casa Conejo[/TD][TD]1:47:45[/TD][TD]2:07:38[/TD][TD]16.35[/TD][TD]2,129[/TD][TD]Thursday[/TD][TD][/TD][/TR]

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Three good rides in one.

francois said:
Vision Quest. Nice!! So how tough is that ride?
francois
This year 45 out of 194 DNF'd.

Tough, even tougher than before since the cutoff times were changed so the volunteers can quit earlier, some years add mud, ice, snow, this year winds!
(Search for Vision Quest :D )

This post (from 2004) sort of wraps it up. LINK

·
Mtbr Founder
35,081 Posts
pacman said:
This year 45 out of 194 DNF'd.

Tough, even tougher than before since the cutoff times were changed so the volunteers can quit earlier, some years add mud, ice, snow, this year winds!
(Search for Vision Quest :D )

This post (from 2004) sort of wraps it up. LINK
Niice. I heard that Leslie Williams crushed the course again this year. She was ill and was barfing along the way but it was all in a day's work.

Maan, that's why slocal folks are so much tougher that us. We just don't have events like that up here.

I think you have to ride in Norcal at least once a month to compete in our nerd olympics. Riding here will soften you up. :skep:

fc

Attachments

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Soft rides, sure

I know what you mean, a flat ride like Skeggs, that city park :rolleyes: called uh, Coe? I'm looking forward to the next Coe trip!

(I do get up there with family in Belmont)

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
2 Week Update.....

Been slacking off a little. I've logged 27.75 hours for the 14 days so far in March. Falling behind my goal of averaging 2 hours per day!

·
3.14159265358979323846…
2,847 Posts
15 hours so far... not including luggin' a big old pig of a bike around town to the little bomber trails all around.

Update 3/17: 24 hours
update 3/22: stop the clock at 25.5. broken hand has put an end to riding this month.

·
singletrack bound
3,062 Posts
March update

Fri...Nisene 2.5hr Sun...Demo 2.5hr Mon...Nisene 3 hr Tues...Nisene 2.5hr Wed...Nisene 3hr Thurs...Nisene 3hr and tomorrow (Fri.) will be UCSC and most likely will be 3 to 3.5hr.....
All but Demo on SS.

14 hrs

20hrs

34hr to date.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Menso said:
Am I allowed in this? Or did I already disqualify myself in some previous post?
oh well... 31. Only 7.5 on a mtb though. I be a roadie now.
Sure all cycles allowed, even unicycles.

As of 3/15 my slow pace makes the hours add up to 41 (moving). I assume the bike commuters are doing better.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.