Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the Marathon S 04' model have rebound adjustment? The left leg has the ETA and air preload. The right leg appears to be adjustable by the cap as it's shaped slotted to fit the nipple that recieves the top cap screw. I attempted to turn it but it wouldn't budge and seemed to bend a little and ream the cap. Have I misjudged the design?

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
buffallodan said:
Does the Marathon S 04' model have rebound adjustment? The left leg has the ETA and air preload. The right leg appears to be adjustable by the cap as it's shaped slotted to fit the nipple that recieves the top cap screw. I attempted to turn it but it wouldn't budge and seemed to bend a little and ream the cap. Have I misjudged the design?
Rebound is adjusted by turning the big knob on the top of the right leg. It's possible that someone tightened it by accident. Is your rebound too slow? If it is, turn the knob counter-clockwise.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx A Million...I love this forum...

Thx, You were right someone had tightened it too much perhaps from the factory. It turned once I new to go counterclockwise and it was sure it was supposed to. I am always cautious when in uncharted waters. Thanks for the help. BTW It was turned all the way clockwise which was full fast so now I can slow the rebound some lol and see how much better this fork can get. I am really liking it after just one ride coming from a 99' Superfly (air-80mm-rampup ec. ec.).

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
buffallodan said:
Thx, You were right someone had tightened it too much perhaps from the factory. It turned once I new to go counterclockwise and it was sure it was supposed to. I am always cautious when in uncharted waters. Thanks for the help. BTW It was turned all the way clockwise which was full fast so now I can slow the rebound some lol and see how much better this fork can get. I am really liking it after just one ride coming from a 99' Superfly (air-80mm-rampup ec. ec.).
That's odd. full slow is full clockwise. full fast is full ccw. It's the same with all Marzocchi forks.

Are you sure that full clockwise is faster rebound? If it is, something is wrong.

Check any Marzocchi manual...clockwise increases rebound damping...meaning it makes the fork rebound slower. Turn the knob full counter-clockwise and you should have almost no rebound damping (that's faster).

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
buffallodan said:
When I turned it counter clockwise it slowed the rebound. As it was set full clockwise all the way in it appears to rebound fast. Are we saying the same thing?
No, I don't believe we are.

That's really odd.

Try turning it full counter-clockwise and see if it's full fast or full slow.

When I say that full clockwise is slow...I mean that once compressed, the fork will extend very slowly.

Very odd.

Granted....I only read the manuals.....and I own 2 Marzocchi forks...very odd.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Damn I feel stupid. I guess the stiction as it's new was throwing me off. You are correct counter clockwise is faster and clockwise is slower rebound. Sorry for silly confusion but I was right about this being an awesome forum even with the uh er slow people lol...thx again, btw as a disclaimer this was my first ride today with the S and I thought it was sticky but the rebound being set to slow was likely the culprit, can't wait to get my next ride in now...

dan-"the slow guy"

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
buffallodan said:
Damn I feel stupid. I guess the stiction as it's new was throwing me off. You are correct counter clockwise is faster and clockwise is slower rebound. Sorry for silly confusion but I was right about this being an awesome forum even with the uh er slow people lol...thx again, btw as a disclaimer this was my first ride today with the S and I thought it was sticky but the rebound being set to slow was likely the culprit, can't wait to get my next ride in now...

dan-"the slow guy"
No problem. It's a great fork. It'll break in over time. It just gets better.

Enjoy the ride :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.