Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe this isn't news to everyone, but it is to me!

The weekend of Jan 6th and 7th Mongoose had a ride demo of their 2007 offerings at Ray's Mountain Bike Park:

http://www.raysmtb.com/index.html

This was awesome I was able to test ride the EC-D, EC-X, Black Diamond Triple, Teocali, etc...and it was really a test ride, not just, "push on the suspension, ride around the parking lot" - I could see how well they pedaled on the XC course, bash and pedal through the rock section in the sport course, hit the drop-offs, and compare head angles on the various logs and skinnies in the expert section.

It was very cool to ride the bikes back-to-back for comparison.

I also gotta say I was very impressed with the 2007 Black Diamond Triple. Here is a bike that was not even on my short list, the spec. looked good, but I was not too sure about air suspension, and the Freedrive suspension - well a demo ride changed all that, and I'm SOLD - I've been scheming various ways to afford one ever since :D

Anyways, manufacturers bring your bikes out to Ray's for Demo rides, then again, maybe not, I'm not sure my wallet could handle it :p

·
Registered
317 Posts
I'm looking forward to March. One of my local outdoor stores will be having a demo day of their kayaks at the lake almost adjacent to the store. I've been thinking about getting one, and they owner of the store was telling me that they'll help me learn a few of the basics and then let me try them out. Then when I get one, they'll usually have a day where newbies can come for a clinic on skills. Before I commit to buying one, though, there's some places here that rent them out along with canoes for river trips.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Yeah, the demos at Ray's is a great idea. I always take some for rides when I'm there. Ray even let me demo his personal Mongoose. I forget which model it was, but it's the first dual squish I've ever rode that I felt good jumping through the expert jump line.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.