Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've just bought a DB Outlook and need to adjust the seat. The manual states to adjust according to the proper torque then refers me to an appendix which does not list any torque specs. So, can anyone advise a good repair/service book for bikes? I know nothing about bikes so it would need to be written for a beginner. Thanks.

·
Om nom nom
18 Posts
a decent beginners manual for working on bike stuff is "The Bicycling Guide To Complete Bicycle Maintenance & Repair" by Todd Downs ( http://www.amazon.com/Bicycling-Complete-Bicycle-Maintenance-Repair/dp/1579548830 ) it can be pretty complex at some times like how different suspension forks work, but it's basic enough and thorough enough that it might be a good place to start.

With your seat however, most seatposts are going to vary in torque specs. your seatpost is probably pretty generic so I would just use a allen wrench to just tighten it back down but just don't wrench on it really hard, probably something like 5-7 +/- 1 foot pounds or something like that. I'm not a professional bike mechanic by any means but I usually just make it so that the seat bolt is just tight and it's not going anywhere.

Hope this maybe helped.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.