Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
illuminaughty
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to acquire a Profloater frame. I haven't seen it yet but I know it's in pieces with no shock or bushings.The shock shouldn't be much of a problem but what about the bushings? Are they available or are they a common size?. Pictures to follow as soon as I pick it up. Thanx in advance :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Hoov you slippery so and so! Mantis.. now your talking.

The bushings on mine were an impregnated bronze type material. They didn't come out very easy, so I would double check that you are actually missing anything. To today's eye, it's a really spartan set up that may lead you to think there's something missing.

-Schmitty-

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Newer rear end and a ti spring on the shock. Post a pic of what the pivot on the frame looks like and I can tell you if you need bushings. Unless they changed, it's not a bushing in the usual sense, and they may very well be there. I think the bolts may have been tailor made to bottom out so as to prevent overtightening of the swing arm. I know on my mine, they had a very positive stop, and reefing on them more had zero impact on bushing preload.

-Schmitty-

·
Bird watcher
878 Posts
What bolts? Looks l

Schmitty said:
Newer rear end and a ti spring on the shock. Post a pic of what the pivot on the frame looks like and I can tell you if you need bushings. Unless they changed, it's not a bushing in the usual sense, and they may very well be there. I think the bolts may have been tailor made to bottom out so as to prevent overtightening of the swing arm. I know on my mine, they had a very positive stop, and reefing on them more had zero impact on bushing preload.

-Schmitty-
ike zipties holding that together. Might be fun that way too. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.