Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have picked up another Pro Floater, this one is a later model with the CNC back end.

It is in drastic need of a overhaul, upon stipping it down i have found that the rear pivot on the drop out is just a shoulder bolt with a washer between the drop out and both sides of the Macstrut arm, does anyone know if this is right (This is different to the old style cromo Macstrut I have) or a bodge by someone in it's life?

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Certified Bike Junkie
1,747 Posts
There should be an oil impregnated brass bushing pressed into the holes on the strut. 6mm OD/4mm ID with a 4mm bolt holding it all together.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
This is what I've got, the DU bush has come out of the other side.

Here's a pic of the cromo Macstrut

So having given it some thought, I've decided the setup in the first pic is rubbish, the shoulder bolt could stick in the du bush and rotate in the ally Macstrut. Not ideal. So I plan on replacing the plastic washers with a pair of top hat bushes in brass to fit in the DU bush, sleeve the Macstrut holes with aluminium top hat bushes and hold it all together with an M4 stainless bolt.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.