Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mansfield Mountain Biking Centre (CLOSED) I was thinking of going to Mansfield. I went to their web site & this is what it said. When & why did this happen? I hope this is not a sign of the future?

·
sock puppet
8,104 Posts
hey dont tell nogearsthere

superlightracer said:
Not bad... how much does it cost? the MTBR group should do that instead of camping at albion.

cheers,
aaron
what he should or should not do... he is an adult and he can camp anywhere he wants...

is that hard?

·
Custom User Title
241 Posts
huhhhh...?

sorry....:confused:

you guys all lost me part way through this thread... but anywho...but it is/was (have to check that is still is) available to groups of 20 or more at $8.00/head...plus taxes of course.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
NO mountain biking

I wanted more info so i emailed Mansfield & this is the message i received.

Unfortunately there is NO mountain biking anymore. We are not open as we did
not receive the support we needed to remain open.
It's good to hear you enjoyed us but too bad not enough others share the
same feeling!

This is very sad.

·
Looking for Adventure
1,060 Posts
Old news, but glad it is getting around now

We at Caledon Cycling Club looked into it, and thought about paying an annual membership. Another cycling club (Orangeville I believe) tried the membership thing last year and even volunteered to man the ticket house, but failed to raise the magic number.

I remember the minimum magic number being around $10,000 for the year.

If more people decide to stop paying for Albion, Kelso, Hilton Falls, and Hardwood Hills ( and sneak in :nono: ), they will be forced to close their trails one day as well.

So pay the darn fee!!!! It is really cheap compared to any other sports, especially you guys that snowboard or ski.

Pay and support the existing trails because there are no more forest angels out there cutting new and awesome trails for free! This is not a communist country.

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Bill Payer said:
sorry....:confused:

you guys all lost me part way through this thread... but anywho...but it is/was (have to check that is still is) available to groups of 20 or more at $8.00/head...plus taxes of course.
That's IT?!?!?!??!?!?! Only $8/head? Bill, you SURE? That's a bargain. Hell, i'd pay the whole thing to have it "ours" for a day. (no, not really, no more OT at work, so don't even THINK of quoting that! harhar ..... NOT funny :nono: )

How 'bout it folks? Anyone wanna do Mansfield, rent-and-ride style????

scarsellone - see, you can rent it. :thumbsup: I was sure I mentioned that when we were talking about it, yes/no????

Rick and Oso - no, it's a dictatorship society. We're told what we can and can't do, including camping, by the government and laws. /bite :D

So, back to Mansfield - it would take some $10K/year to keep it running for the year, is that the basic principle here? What's "covered" by this? Is this property taxes, maintenance, on-site personell? Seems unrealistically low considering. Just trying to learn if anyone cares to educate me.

·
Custom User Title
241 Posts
AndrewTO said:
That's IT?!?!?!??!?!?! Only $8/head? Bill, you SURE? That's a bargain. Hell, i'd pay the whole thing to have it "ours" for a day. (no, not really, no more OT at work, so don't even THINK of quoting that! harhar ..... NOT funny :nono: )
yep! :yesnod:

Monday of the May 24 weekend (day after 24 hour race there) me and about 10 buddies had the place to ourselves :thumbsup:

cost us $170 (min 20 tickets plus tax) and rode ourselves silly. :cornut:

BUT, I have the feeling that they dropped that policy too since May 24. ;(

·
Misfit Psycles
2,772 Posts
AndrewTO said:
... it would take some $10K/year to keep it running for the year, is that the basic principle here? What's "covered" by this? Is this property taxes, maintenance, on-site personell? Seems unrealistically low considering. Just trying to learn if anyone cares to educate me.
Any more than 8$ and it better be freaking hardwood with facilities...to stay in the market. Also consider large groups of 10 or more ALWAYS get a discount...you know like when your buddies booked your b-day at the mcD's caboose this summer, you got al f'ed up on orange pop (without the bubbles)...

10k was just to hand you the keys. i spoke briefly with them, considered it as a possibility meselfers, alas there were other 'issues'. that 10k needed to be recovered in a short season, then you were kicked out for the winter sports. evening rides were out and the trails needed to abide by the 'schedule' of other events. even with my trumpian like qualities it just wasnt gonna fly...mtb'ing was nothing more than an also ran at mansfield and was not going to be anything more...regardless.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Trail fees

One of the first times i went mtn biking i was invited by a couple of good friends that helped me get back into the sport. The funny thing is they take me to a "BACK DOOR"
entrance to one of the popular conservation places? The shocking thing is there bikes list for 5k each. There seems to be No limit on spending for their equipment. But i say who cares what you ride if you have No place to ride. They were spending so much time to find places to ride for free, it was exahausting. I bought a season pass($36) & enjoy going thru the front entrance & knowing that i'm contributing to keeping the trails open.
Does anyone know or have suggestions on how we could get a season pass created for all the popular trails?

·
Registered
167 Posts
10k was just to hand you the keys. i spoke briefly with them, considered it as a possibility meselfers, alas there were other 'issues'. that 10k needed to be recovered in a short season, then you were kicked out for the winter sports. evening rides were out and the trails needed to abide by the 'schedule' of other events. even with my trumpian like qualities it just wasnt gonna fly...mtb'ing was nothing more than an also ran at mansfield and was not going to be anything more...regardless.

If that's the case, I think I might forget about looking into it. EIther I get full control 24x7x365 or they can eat it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.