Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Wait a couple months

Si. said:
Anyone know anywhere that can supply a heavier that 550lb spring for my 4-way swinger?

Si
I was talking to the guys from Manitou at the Sea Otter earlier this year and they told me that they will have stiffer springs for that shock around October or so. I ran into the same problem on my AC1. I put the 550lb. spring on it but it was still too soft. I'm riding in the shorter travel setting until they come out with the heavier springs.
They said that they'll have up to 700lb available.

·
mtbr "member"
719 Posts
Si. said:
Anyone know anywhere that can supply a heavier that 550lb spring for my 4-way swinger?

Si
Mountainspeed's web site states they make springs for Manitou. I haven't called them yet but I will if the 550 lbs spring I ordered is still too soft.

REEK

·
Banned
10 Posts
Heavier Spring

Si. said:

Si
I know MountainSpeed does make at least a 700lb spring for it. YOu'll prob have to have it ordered. How much do you weigh? I'm 220 and the 550 on my 4-way seems to be fine to me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ratbone said:
I know MountainSpeed does make at least a 700lb spring for it. YOu'll prob have to have it ordered. How much do you weigh? I'm 220 and the 550 on my 4-way seems to be fine to me.
250 :eek:

Just pumped the SPV chamber upto 150psi and I'm geting about 1inch of Sag in the 5.3 setting, which I calculate to be about %14 give or take a little.. which should be fine. (assuming i've worked the sag out correctly... measure Eye to Eye 7.5", sit on bike and measure again, 6.5", gives 1 inch Sag..)

Si

·
Registered
23 Posts
Si. said:
250 :eek:

Just pumped the SPV chamber upto 150psi and I'm geting about 1inch of Sag in the 5.3 setting, which I calculate to be about %14 give or take a little.. which should be fine. (assuming i've worked the sag out correctly... measure Eye to Eye 7.5", sit on bike and measure again, 6.5", gives 1 inch Sag..)

Si
FYI- 1" of sag on a shock with a 2.5" stroke is 40%. With the swinger shock, that's about where you want it. If you switch to the longer travel setting though on your bike, you'll probably be sagging closer to 50% which is too much. That's the problem that I've been having.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FYI- 1" of sag on a shock with a 2.5" stroke is 40%. With the swinger shock, that's about where you want it. If you switch to the longer travel setting though on your bike, you'll probably be sagging closer to 50% which is too much. That's the problem that I've been having.
I've got a 550 on order, but have found a place that can do any size.. so I'll experiment a little. and see what I come out with.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts