Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two new Manitou forks, both purchased at good prices. One is going on my Litespeed Unicoi one is going on my wife's Litespeed hardtail. Both bikes are older and require the 800mm travel these forks allow. I'm 190 and moderately aggressive, but don't like to crash anymore. My wife is 110, cute in her pink outfits, and extremely careful. The two forks are Manitou Black Elite and Manitou Scareb Comp. The Scareb is lighter. Does it make sense to put the lighter fork on the smaller bike or vice versa? Anyone have experience with either/both of these forks?

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
gthcarolina said:
I have two new Manitou forks, both purchased at good prices. One is going on my Litespeed Unicoi one is going on my wife's Litespeed hardtail. Both bikes are older and require the 800mm travel these forks allow. I'm 190 and moderately aggressive, but don't like to crash anymore. My wife is 110, cute in her pink outfits, and extremely careful. The two forks are Manitou Black Elite and Manitou Scareb Comp. The Scareb is lighter. Does it make sense to put the lighter fork on the smaller bike or vice versa? Anyone have experience with either/both of these forks?
The Black is a much bulrlier fork, you should keep it for yourself.

Put the Skareb on your wife's bike.

You'll feel the Skareb a bit wimpy and the Black would be too heavy for your wife.

Congrats on havin' nice bikes and a SO that loves to ride!!!

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good Advice

Thanks for the info. I think that is what I will do. I would love to be able to try them both but steerer length will be much different.

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
gthcarolina said:
Thanks for the info. I think that is what I will do. I would love to be able to try them both but steerer length will be much different.
You'll not regret it. The Black is much more fork (as for beef) than the Skareb. At 80mm should be kinda stiff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts