Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Manitou Swinger 3 X first ride.

Well despite the lack of available Information i purchased this shock from CRC for £169 way cheaper than a fox RP3.(to fit a Cannondale Prophet) 200mm x 50 stroke.

Out of the box the all black shaft looks a litle plastic..the Dial for damping and leaver for the 4 position SPV damping are all allumminum and well made and move with satifying clicks.

Pressured the shock to 100 psi for the required sag which is less air than i would have put in the old Swinger 3 way, I weigh 170 lbs with gear.

First ride the shock feels very plush and quieter than the old Swinger.
Today was very mudy so the terain was soft but i had the feeling of very good small bump compliance no real drops just a couple of small kickers and the shock felt really good.

The SPV damping has four positions simallar to the RP3 shocks from fox, out of the sadle with minimum seting and the Prophet bobed like a good un, tried the same out of the sadle acellaration test in each of the 4 settings and you can really feel the diference, with the stiffest setting acting almost like a lock out but still takes a hit well.

The shock when set in the higher SPV setting's seams to compress for the first pedal stroke and then firm up giving a very satisfying feel.

Personaly i preferd the feel of this shock to the RP3 wich i found to not have a stiff enough setting for the Propedal..

I think manitou have a winner here at these prices:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Nice! I'm glad to hear you like the shock. I have ordered a new Evolver ISX-6 (non-SPV) for a VPP frame to replace an original Swinger 4-Way. I feel that the latest Manitou shocks are really great.

Ronnie.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.