Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Turner Homer
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hay guys as you already know I have the 04 burner with the manitou swinger 3 way air. I was trying to remove the air canister today with a rubber strap wrench, so I could re greese the inside of it. But for the life of me I could not get the canister to unscrew. So how do you remove this, becasue I talked to one of the answer reps once, and he said all that I needed was a bench vice and a strap wrench. I also damaged the sticker on the shock trying to remove the canister, and now it is a stelf swinger. How do you guys think it looks? Thanks for your help.
Dave

Attachments

·
Never enough time to ride
1,575 Posts
Had the same issue, never did get it sorted out. Mine had an airleak and I ended up just getting pissed off and taking the air valves and reducers then throwing the rest out. I actually broke two strap wrenches trying to get it apart.

My advice would be to call Answer back, get an R.A and send it in. Let them deal with it. I was never cared for the way it rode so I'm not missing it. Between the Vanilla RC and just today the Float RL I think the Burner performs much better with either one of these shocks.

happy trails...

squish

·
carpe mañana
7,297 Posts
Were you unscrewing it in the right direction? Sorry for such an obvious question. Also, I wrapped mine in electrical tape as I didn't like the sticker and I didn't like the naked look.

_MK

·
Banned
16,457 Posts
squish said:
Had the same issue, never did get it sorted out. Mine had an airleak and I ended up just getting pissed off and taking the air valves and reducers then throwing the rest out. I actually broke two strap wrenches trying to get it apart.

My advice would be to call Answer back, get an R.A and send it in. Let them deal with it. I was never cared for the way it rode so I'm not missing it. Between the Vanilla RC and just today the Float RL I think the Burner performs much better with either one of these shocks.

happy trails...

squish
Good lord, what is the matter with you? I take everyone's throw aways!

Package received :cool:

·
Never enough time to ride
1,575 Posts
Uhh, you really wouldn't have wanted this one. After deciding that it was junk, I used a monkey wrench in a last ditch effort to remove the air can, still wouldn't budge. All I got was chewed up and nicely dented air canister, and a mild case of frustration.

Very cool that you got the spider. Enjoy.

happy trails...

squish

·
Turner Homer
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess I will call manitou up again, and I will see what they say. Actually my shock preforms fine, and I just wanted to be able to get the damm thing apart. Maby someday when I have the money I will ditch the manitou and get a fox. Thanks for the replies.
Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts