Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Founder: Dirty3hirties
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm thinking of getting the swinger to replace my float r. i talked to charles already and he recommends that one over the others. just thinking of waiting for next year's model cuz i heard that they're making some changes to the shock and i'm not in that big of a hurry unless it's gonna make a significant difference. i heard that the shock is gonna be lighter but that's not my concern really (my HH is HEAVY but i built it up that way). really, just wondering if anyone is running the twin tube option. does it fit in the triangle (mine's a small)? if so, is it a significant difference between the single canister option? is it compatible with the HH?

i run really low pressure in my float to get as plush of a ride as possible (i weigh 155 and run 81 PSI in my shock...sag is about 3/4 in....i know it's a lot). bottoming is not a problem though. i know that with the SPV you can run low pressures, still maintain an efficient pedaling bike and get a better overall ride. just wondering if it really does that and if it's a significant amount of difference. i don't really mind pedaling my bike the way it is.

·
Registered
445 Posts
push

the swinger is great, but i think you would appreciate the mod from push a lot better

www.pushindustries.com

they will make the mod to your existing fox----------Good Luck :D

·
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks...

I've just run across PUSH recently and have been hearing great things about the services they provide. Are you riding an HH now with a PUSH'd fox? How's the ride comparison? Their pricing seems totally reasonable. I'll make sure to give them a ring.

Andrew

·
Registered
445 Posts
push

no i don't ride a HH YET :D i recently came accross them and i am deciding between a HH and the RX100. just do a serch for push (in the shock forum especially) and you will find a ton of reviews on them. but the best way is to give darren at push a ring and talk to him. whatever ride i get i will get a fox that can be pushed and have it done in the offseason! i have never ridden a swinger, so take that into consideration!

Good Luck

·
Do It Yourself
5,720 Posts
ddraewwg said:
Thanks...

I've just run across PUSH recently and have been hearing great things about the services they provide. Are you riding an HH now with a PUSH'd fox? How's the ride comparison? Their pricing seems totally reasonable. I'll make sure to give them a ring.

Andrew
As much as I like Push, I don't think that alone is enough for the Hammerhead/RX. I think the older Floats are too progressive for the bike. All the newer shocks including the 05 Fox have larger air chambers for less ramp up and spiking on square hits. The AVA sleeve adds the larger air chamber and works out much better. You just don't want to use it at the maximum volume setting. Set half way or smaller (between 3 and 5 on the dial) works great though. So if you want to do both the Push and the AVA, then I think you'll be better off. If not, I think the Swinger would be the better choice.

·
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good point. I have heard better feedback on the Swinger than the other stable platform systems that's why I'm interested in it (plus Charles told me the same). I just wanted some idea of the performance level gained by using the swinger on my HH. Thanks.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've got a Swinger, a float with the Push mod., and a 5th Element. The Swinger stays on my bike. Once in a while I'll try one of the others just to confirm the Swinger is that much better. It's takes sharp edged hits better, no pedal induced movement, and has never bottomed-out noticably. It's very adjustable. It's also the heaviest, by 50-70 grams.
Charles said it was the best he'd used on the HH and I agree with him (I do like the F100X fork better than the Float though).

ddraewwg said:
i'm thinking of getting the swinger to replace my float r. i talked to charles already and he recommends that one over the others. just thinking of waiting for next year's model cuz i heard that they're making some changes to the shock and i'm not in that big of a hurry unless it's gonna make a significant difference. i heard that the shock is gonna be lighter but that's not my concern really (my HH is HEAVY but i built it up that way). really, just wondering if anyone is running the twin tube option. does it fit in the triangle (mine's a small)? if so, is it a significant difference between the single canister option? is it compatible with the HH?

i run really low pressure in my float to get as plush of a ride as possible (i weigh 155 and run 81 PSI in my shock...sag is about 3/4 in....i know it's a lot). bottoming is not a problem though. i know that with the SPV you can run low pressures, still maintain an efficient pedaling bike and get a better overall ride. just wondering if it really does that and if it's a significant amount of difference. i don't really mind pedaling my bike the way it is.

·
2,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks. That's what I wanted to know. There's a guy in my area (just moved here) that rides an HH with a swinger but I haven't seen him riding since cuz I would have been interested in trying his set up. Same size too so it would have been perfect. Thanks again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts