Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im getting my new big hit comp today and i have some questions bout the swinger 3-way adjustments. my last bike i didnt pay attention on how to take care of it but this time i want to. honestly i dont know wut the adjustments for the swinger even do. it has Preload, Rebound, and SPV Platform Pressure. what do those do and why does changing them help??

thanks for helping with my ignorance

·
Registered
477 Posts
bhamrider22 said:
im getting my new big hit comp today and i have some questions bout the swinger 3-way adjustments. my last bike i didnt pay attention on how to take care of it but this time i want to. honestly i dont know wut the adjustments for the swinger even do. it has Preload, Rebound, and SPV Platform Pressure. what do those do and why does changing them help??

thanks for helping with my ignorance
Preload determines how much weight you put on the shock before it starts into its travel. I usually leave my 3-way with the minimum preload, so do most people I know. Rebound damping slows the return stroke of the shock, so when you land hard, it doesn't just pogo back up and launch you off the bike. You'll want really slow rebound for single large hucks (turn knob in the plus direction) and you'll want a bit less rebound damping for dh or trail riding so the shock will recover from small stutter bumps and not pack up. The pedal platform is determined by pumping air into the little shraeder valve and basically determines how sensitive the shock is to pedalling (and small bump unfortunately) imputs...more air equals less bob, and less compliance over small stuff....less air equals plush, but more pedal bob...I usually keep a fair bit of air in the chamber to keep the shock from wallowing in its travel when I'm sprinting up to a jump...the shock will react the same to large impacts regardless of how much platform you tune in so don't worry about that. Ultimately you have to decide what you like best, go ride and fiddle around!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.