Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a new '06 Mongoose Ritual ($175 complete from the Pacific Scratch n dent store!) and had a question about the fork. Is the Stance Static a keeper or will I need to keep an eye on it? It's pretty smooth so far, but just a bit soft for my tastes. Part of the $175 scratch n dent deal is that there was no manuals, so I'm not sure about the air section of the fork. Is the air section for rebound, or does it stiffen up the spring rate as well? Sorry if this one's been covered already...

·
Registered
749 Posts
I've heard the air ones have horrible seals- I'm running a super basic OEM model- no knobs, no air, no nuthin - and its been fine. The stock spring is way too soft, but I put in an extra stiff one and lowered it a few mm's. Manitou has a big pdf file on the website

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I work across the street, so I cherry pick their scratch n dent inventory on a regular basis. This is my most smokin' deal yet, though. Only problem with the bike was a missing shifter mount (which I don't need), and a bent front brake rotor (don't run a front brake anyway). Needless to say, $175 won't even buy a decent bare frame these days, so I couldn't pass it up. Also, the part spec was about 90% how I would build it anyways. So, I'll ride it and upgrade stuff when necessary.

·
Portland, OR
3,112 Posts
I ride the static harder than anyone I know. mine is a really basic version, no adjustments. BUT, get in contact with manitou, I have sherman jumper internals inside mine. but also the stiff springs are much better. its true, unless its a 06 or newer stance, the air cartrage system has problems and the seals pop out of it. get it swapped out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.