SNOWRIDER
1,564 Posts
OOPS :mad:

·
Registered
643 Posts
tyler durden said:
yup it came on 05 big hit
ya...i heard those are shitty forks are shitty, atleast uv got an excuse to get a new fork now, assuming you have that kind of money.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
The day I bought my wife her 2005 Big Hit I had the LBS swap the Manitou Stance Kingpin for a 2003 Super T. Man am I glad I did that. I thought the leaky seals were bad....... nice.

Do you think another fork would have taken the jump or was it clearly your fault?

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
kanter said:
The day I bought my wife her 2005 Big Hit I had the LBS swap the Manitou Stance Kingpin for a 2003 Super T. Man am I glad I did that. I thought the leaky seals were bad....... nice.

Do you think another fork would have taken the jump or was it clearly your fault?
I come up short on that jump every time on an 04 super T and it rocks.

·
Registered
896 Posts
So why is it that I have seen so many snapped stanchions on the stance line, but I have never seen shermans snap before? The stanchions on the kingpin are made of steel too, you think they would be more resistant to breaking...

·
your mom
1,331 Posts
WheelieMan said:
So why is it that I have seen so many snapped stanchions on the stance line, but I have never seen shermans snap before? The stanchions on the kingpin are made of steel too, you think they would be more resistant to breaking...
lower quality steel is my guess

·
gnar, brah
1,861 Posts
WheelieMan said:
Thinner walls or different internal butting (if any) Also, maybe the Stance line may be stronger in other places, putting more stress on the stanchions. Who knows?

·
Banned
11,257 Posts
one look at the MSRP of the Stance Kingpin should tell you why they're snapping.

I think people are imagining them to be equal to a Marz Monster T, when they're really more like a SUPER cheap Jr T with lesser quality internals and materials.

go read the reviews here in MTBR and you will see why this is happening... when you decide to make a "cheap dual crown fork" you end up making a "CHEAP dual crown fork" :D

·
Chillin the Most
4,025 Posts
gonzostrike said:
I think people are imagining them to be equal to a Marz Monster T,
If this is indeed the case (and I'm hoping it isn't) then most people are allot more stupid than even I think they are. :rolleyes:

G

·
gonzostrike said:
one look at the MSRP of the Stance Kingpin should tell you why they're snapping.

I think people are imagining them to be equal to a Marz Monster T, when they're really more like a SUPER cheap Jr T with lesser quality internals and materials.
My junior T wouldnt break like that ..... But it sounds like it's exploding when I downhill.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.