Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Ow ya big time. It comes stock on Norco Shore Bikes so you can be sure it will handle alot at least 12 foot drops. It is also light as it has air assist and coils so it would do good for some urban jamming. 6inches of butter smooth travel thats the way to go for an affordable fork.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JRuss said:
Ow ya big time. It comes stock on Norco Shore Bikes so you can be sure it will handle alot at least 12 foot drops. It is also light as it has air assist and coils so it would do good for some urban jamming. 6inches of butter smooth travel thats the way to go for an affordable fork.
thanks i've heard some bad things about it are they true

·
Registered
228 Posts
Well that depends. Its a good fork for a budget minded person. Its not a Manitou Sherman Breakout buts its a good fork all the same. I haven't heard anything bad about it. And I suppose people who are used to riding $1000 dollare forks may feel that it is a bit lacking. However I like it, I don't personally own one but I have checked them out and they are excellent looking and kick but preforming.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JRuss said:
Well that depends. Its a good fork for a budget minded person. Its not a Manitou Sherman Breakout buts its a good fork all the same. I haven't heard anything bad about it. And I suppose people who are used to riding $1000 dollare forks may feel that it is a bit lacking. However I like it, I don't personally own one but I have checked them out and they are excellent looking and kick but preforming.
thanks alot but do you think putting in the extra $50 for the junior t would be better

·
Registered
228 Posts
Here is a link to some stuff about the Stance. The fork is absolutely beautiful looking. http://www.answerproducts.com/items.asp?deptid=1&itemid=128

The Marizzochi fork is also an excellent fork choice. I would say in the end what do you want, a single crown 6 inch travel FR fork, or a 7 inch travel double crown FR fork. I personally think i am going to get the Stance just because it is so beautiful and because has alot of the same technology Manitou uses on their Dorado, and Sherman line.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I also would like to mention ( not to freak you out) but I would email Kona and see if the 03 Stinkys are capable of carrying a 7 inch travel fork. This is because most of the time the compaines spec their bikes with a fork that has just the right amount of travel and anything less or more can throw the steering off.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
JRuss said:
Here is a link to some stuff about the Stance. The fork is absolutely beautiful looking. http://www.answerproducts.com/items.asp?deptid=1&itemid=128

The Marizzochi fork is also an excellent fork choice. I would say in the end what do you want, a single crown 6 inch travel FR fork, or a 7 inch travel double crown FR fork. I personally think i am going to get the Stance just because it is so beautiful and because has alot of the same technology Manitou uses on their Dorado, and Sherman line.
a 6 inch single crown and a 7 inch double crown can handle about the same does the junior t have air assist

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.